Uhren-Roemer

Anyone bought something from them? 

I bought a Valjoux case in the beginning of October. They say in a mail they sent it on the 18 of October. On the 21 it should have arrived to Sweden . But can't find it anywhere. Have tried to come in contact with them but they never answer my mails. Freaking annoying. 

I should say i have tried to come in contact with them before. Asking about this case. Never answer. this time either.  I bought the case anyway. Maybe that was stupid? But thought it was a large company? And could find anything on the web that didn't say no. Sell on Chrono24 also. 

But have anyone had anything to do with them before and how should i come in contact. 

Fortunately i paid with paypal so i think i get my money back. 

32 minutes ago, Chopin said:

Do you have a tracking code ?

I do. But for some reason it stops when arriving to Sweden. Then it's gone. Wanted to ask the seller to get an answer. I can track it with Deutsche post. It says arrived to Sweden on the 21 of October. So it should have been here by now? 

Could be Postnord that is the postal company  in Sweden that misplaced it. But it's the seller that must contact them to reclaim the package.

I just wonder if someone else has come in contact with this company Uhren-Roemer? 

Last time i order from them :( 

Edited by rogart63

Try using this website as an alternative. It gathers the best data. Sometimes more info than that from the actual courier. Try to fill in all the spaces required.

https://en.trackitonline.ru/?

It takes a few days for something to get processed when it gets into the country. Maybe give it a few more days and only afterwards see what's up... It doesn't look like a shady website.

• Like 1

Hi Rogart, I wouldn't worry too much. If you look at the companies reviews, the experience you are having is quite normal! By all accounts the owner is gruff and opens and closes the shop whenever it suits him, but has vast stocks of normally unobtainable parts. One of the reviews said "painfully slow delivery" so at least you know that you have not been singled out for special treatment LOL.

• Haha 1

Good to hear your are so positive . It probably will come in a few days. Just me that is a little nervous.

Have been searching a long time and finally selected this case for a Valjoux 7734  movement i have. So really want it to come. And was thinking of buying a dial from the same seller. But think i chose some other seller for that. 

Asked them a few times which diameter of the dial the case took. But no answer on that either.  So need it to come before i order a dial. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately I've interacted with a few such sellers of watch parts lately, all with strange or bad communication skills.

I'm not talking about bad language or anything like that but some people would reply to my first email and then go completely mum if I sent a follow-up with a few more details or requesting info about other parts as well (which would basically mean even more money for them).

I don't know why that is but whenever people ask me questions I always answer them as best as I can...

Edited by Chopin
  • Like 2

On 25/10/2017 at 9:05 PM, rogart63 said:

. I can track it with Deutsche post. It says arrived to Sweden on the 21 of October. So it should have been here by now? 

Could be Postnord that is the postal company  in Sweden that misplaced it. But it's the seller that must contact them to reclaim the package.

That is just few days ago. As with anything postal, you have to be patient. Also, you as the recipient can open a claim with your contry post, but certainly not now yet.

Also to note, when a buyer gets refunded by PayPal for an item lost or stolen in transit, that's basically exploiting their buyer's overprotection. So don't be surprised if some seller mandate shipping insurance or doesn't take "for purchase" payments. 

Looks like it's could be on the way.  Postnord the postal company in Sweden has missed to scan a lot of packages that arrived to Sweden in the beginning of the week. Postnord among the worst ever postal company that exist. I hope it arrive next week. Fingers crossed. 

Uhren-Roemer has not been very good in the communication either.  So  don't think i will buy from them anymore. Unless the become better. 

Edited by rogart63

13 minutes ago, rogart63 said:

Postnord among the worst ever postal company that exist.

I've shipped various times to Nordic countries and never had a problem. Remember that when shipping registered you are paying for traceability, not speed. For that use Quick Pack Europe, or private couriers.

Edited by jdm

29 minutes ago, jdm said:

I've shipped various times to Nordic countries and never had a problem. Remember that when shipping registered you are paying for traceability, not speed. For that use Quick Pack Europe, or private couriers.

Normally not any problems. But it has been worse lately. Takes longer to arrive and cost more . I paid €18 for a shipmen that takes two weeks. If i buy from say cousinsuk i pay €12 and it arrives in a few days. Normally that is. 

15 hours ago, rogart63 said:

I paid €18 for a shipmen that takes two weeks. If i buy from say cousinsuk i pay €12 and it arrives in a few days.

Same as I pay to ship a boxed watch in the EU. Could be that the UK has a better route to your country. Unregistered from Cousins takes a week, but once I had an item from the UK arrive in 2 days, still can't believe that myself.

• Like 1

As with most Post companies, parcels will get relabeled when they arrive in the country of destination and Postnord will use a different trackingnumber. Normally you can find this on the site of the Deutsche post, it will be under "network partner" or something like that. There is a phonenumber on the website, try calling them, they can be reached on limited hours. Tuesday, wednesday and thursday from 11 till 14.30

Dienstag, Mittwoch und Donnerstag von: 11:00 bis 14:30 Uhr

http://www.uhren-roemer.de/impressum/

Edited by Watchtime
added info

25 minutes ago, Watchtime said:

As with most Post companies, parcels will get relabeled when they arrive in the country of destination and Postnord will use a different trackingnumber.

They don't. All the countries  where I've shipped registered post allow online tracking with the original 13 characters tracking number, which is an Universal Postal Union standard. The exception is Canada, which doesn't allow online tracking for whatever (poor) reason.

I have send over 1500 parcels last 2 years all over the world and in Holland yes, the original trackingnumber is shown in the trackinginfo but there also is a link to the networkpartner in the country of destination. The dutch trackingnumber is not a universalnumber at all. In Spain, Italy, Portugal, Germanyect, all parcels are relabeled to the network partners trackingnumber.