Got me self a lathe

transporter

Ok guys managed to get myself a nice 6mm Lorch lathe at the weekend with a selection of collets ( not a complete set though ) and some step collets and a heap of other bits that to be honest I need so help with, what do they all do and how do you actually use them.

ive used a big ol Colchester lathe before for basic turning/milling etc etc, but all these bits with my Lorch I’m a little stuck. I’ve searched the net to see what comes up and to be honest  there’s not a lot about the actual bits, so I’m asking the members here for some advice. 

Dont mind the angle of the bed ok, it was just placed and not fixed for the photo.

201889E7-CEFC-47AF-9CA0-D4B3EEED4666.jpeg

FEF41181-6B91-4F11-B034-ADAF62597BA5.jpeg

• Like 1

Don’t know if all these will load on one post but these are the parts that I would like to know their names, what they’re used for and more importantly how they are set up on the lathe and how they are put to work, hopefully someone can enlighten me, cheers guys.

dammit, trying to upload the photos and it keeps coming up with error 200 upload failed

Watched that video, and although interesting the presenter doesn't really know what all the bits are either, so im still in the dark, and as for finding info on the net it's a slog, also im having snags uploading pictures I keep getting error-200 for every image I try to upload so im unable to show you each part that im having snags with identifying and finding the correct use for them.

So my first question is, whats a bell chuck and what's it used for?

• Like 1