Seiko Watch winder stem removal

seiko

Hello

My friend has given me a watch to look at. It's a  Seiko  6N42 it has a broken winder tip its broken off in the movement and there is no visible stem to pull out when you press the release lever.I am not sure what to do with this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Then the movement has to be taken apart. I recommend you do not try to do by yourself before having acquired all the necessary tools and oils, and practiced on broken, worthless quartz movements. 

• Like 1

If you take the back off, the stem tip should be visible. You may be able to get a grip on it. Seiko stems generally pullout in position 2 - where you would set the time.

Failing that, you need to go in from the dial side and dismantle the keyless works(the gibbons that deals with the stem and time and date setting.

Not a very easy project if you’re new to watch tinkering

Cheers Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the prompt replies.Just a thought will removing the movement and pressing the release lever whilst gently tapping the movement on a block of wood make it drop out or is it still engaged internally?

Thanks Paul

On 10/24/2017 at 2:39 PM, Neileg said:

Seiko stems generally pullout in position 2 - where you would set the time.

That is possibly for some Quartz mov.ts. The very current and popular 7S, 4R and 6R automatic all release stem with the crown in the normal position.