Need battery model # for Omega Constellation Perpetual Calendar

majahops

I need to replace the battery for my late grandfather's Omega Constellation Perpetual Calendar (1551/861). I have probably spent 6 hours searching the internet to identify which battery I need, and I have been completely unsuccessful. Would anybody happen to know what battery I would need, or at least where on the internet I might be able to identify this information? Thank you so very much.

Not 100% sure that is right? 321 is a small battery for a mens omega quartz.? Omega 1551/861 is code for the bracelet not the watch. To find out which battery it has you need to find out which movement is inside the watch. How about a picture of the watch. 

• 3 months later...

Yeah, the picture of the omega above is a standard quartz movement, not a perpetual quartz movement, it should be a different caliber, different battery. It was a long time ago I saw inside a perpetual omega so I can't help more than that. 

Edited by Ishima

You need to measure the diameter of the battery compartment on the watch and then find a battery that is a clearance fit. I have chart downloaded from a battery supplier. It shows for each cell the various numbers applied to the cell by manufacturers plus the diameter and thickness.
Failing that you can trial fit batteries until you get a winner.
If you have a choice of thickness go for a middle value. Usually not critical to get the watch running.
Cheers Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk