Seiko Identification

Can anyone identify this watch? My partner got it for me in September as I normally repair pocket watches but this was something different for me. It was cheap, in pieces and in a bad way but I've got it working now albeit without the case back on. The problem I have is that the caseback fouls the counterweight when it's screwed on and right at soon as the thread catches and it stops it swinging. The caseback itself has 7009-3171 printed on it and the movement is a 7009A but from Googling it would seem the watch is a 7009-3160 and my thought is that maybe this model has a slightly deeper caseback. Can anyone help?

20171020_214638.jpg

That is a Frankenstein Seiko, from India or the Philippines. Just look at the weird numbering printed, Seiko never did anything like that and certainly not so misaligned. To get it running you got to be creative, and not too demanding.

Edited by jdm

10 minutes ago, jdm said:

That is a Frankenstein Seiko, from India or the Philippines. Just look at the weird numbering printed, Seiko never did anything like that and certainly not so misaligned. To get it running you got to be creative, and too demanding.

That is so wrong. They actually did. Somewhere i have a very similar case. But  i think it is a 6309 movement inside. But could be wrong. But have seen this before. So totally fake it's not. Could be kosher . 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEIKO-MINERAL-CRYSTAL-30-5mm-FOR-SEIKO-7009-3160-MILITARY-MENS-WATCH-/352034930729

This is a link to a crystal for this model. So think it's kosher. 

Edited by rogart63

Just now, rogart63 said:

That is so wrong. They actually did. Somewhere i have a very similar case. But  i think it is a 6309 movement inside. 

A 6309 in a Seiko 5? Are you sure?

However I was referring to the 24h numbering, which is just uncanny in absence of 12h numbering on the inner dial. Example:

SRP517.jpg

The case shape is not strange in itself, it's one of the most used, still made today.

6 minutes ago, mistergrumpy said:

I did wonder why the numbers were a bit skewed but Google results like this got me wondering.

Thanks for the link, so Rog was right. It's also missing from the popular database.