Omega cal 564 quickset problem

Just cleaned an Omega 564. Tried the quickset feature before replacing the dial but the date ring doesn't move far enough for the jumper to clear the next tooth. The ring looks fine and (unfortunately) this wasn't the initial problem with the watch (Stem fell out).
Guidance? Tips on what common mistakes can be made in this area?
Thanks

Just this minute finished putting together a 613 which has the same mechanism. As usual I took plenty of pics during disassembly - or I might not have spotted that the pin on the correcting yoke (1568) sits in the hole in the Date Corrector (1530)

17107172838577 (2).jpg

• Like 1

Old Hippy: Ultrasonic cleaning and Omega recommended lubrication.

Vinn3: With "upset crown gear" do you mean when the crown gear is misaligned and you can't get the stem back in? Every part was removed, cleaned and lubricated. The stem works well in all 3 positions.

Noirrac1j: Thanks for the pictures. My date corrector is the stainless steel type that I just found out from an NAWCC member has to be upgraded to your style. I think the problem is with this part. Incidentally. It was engaged properly.

Chopin: lubricated as per Omega guidelines. I think the problem is with my old style and probably damaged date corrector.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mikepilk said:

Just this minute finished putting together a 613 which has the same mechanism. As usual I took plenty of pics during disassembly - or I might not have spotted that the pin on the correcting yoke (1568) sits in the hole in the Date Corrector (1530)

17107172838577 (2).jpg

Thanks for the picture! I had the pin properly connected. Need the updated corrector like yours. Since you have pictures would you do me a favor of a shot with the date guard removed? In some shots my driving wheel looks different and I wonder if that was also updated.

This is what my driving wheel looks like. Yours is undoubtedly newer. I wonder why this was changed? Incidentally, I didn't drag this watch on fine sand. Those horrific scratches were there already.

_8107757_edited-1.jpg

Edited by deloidtoc

The serial number dates mine from 1969.  I have the service sheet for my movement (613) and it lists the 'Date Indicator Driving Wheel' as part #1564. 

On Cousin's site it lists the same part number for  both movements # 563 1564 

There's a few available on the bay  

1 hour ago, mikepilk said:

The serial number dates mine from 1969.  I have the service sheet for my movement (613) and it lists the 'Date Indicator Driving Wheel' as part #1564. 

On Cousin's site it lists the same part number for  both movements # 563 1564 

There's a few available on the bay  

Do you know if the newer part#1564 was a mandatory upgrade or just an evolutionary change?

13 hours ago, deloidtoc said:

Do you know if the newer part#1564 was a mandatory upgrade or just an evolutionary change?

Sorry I don't know that. These date driving wheels seem to be a problem part. On a Cal 1012 I had to replace a plastic part with an expensive metal upgrade. Also had problems on Seikos