seiko 7s36A day wheel misaligned

nickpeh

Hi,

I encountered this issue on a seiko 7s36A movt, leaving it overnight seems the day can't jump to next day, stuck at misaligned position. I removed the wheel and did an inspection, found nil sign of defect. Any suggestions ? Some guys told me it's the flaws of 7s36 if the crown posn is at 4 o'clock but my others 7s36 didn't have this misalignment issues. 

22539898_10155249340903335_5963194215119922288_n.jpg

22549951_10155249379653335_6303573711373108374_n.jpg

WIN_20171019_13_16_17_Pro.jpg

WIN_20171019_13_26_26_Pro.jpg

Most likely you just need to press down the C-clip so that the day disc is firmly pressed down. Or try replacing day disc and the plastic black wheel.

Watch out, as the corrector wheel is dirty, that's not good of course.

16 minutes ago, jdm said:

Most likely you just need to press down the C-clip so that the day disc is firmly pressed down. Or try replacing day disc and the plastic black wheel.

Watch out, as the corrector wheel is dirty, that's not good of course.

I read somewhere, 7s36 movt with crown at 4H usually got misalignment issue? If I were to get new day disc, I should get the one at crown 4H and not the 3H right?

It's worth mentioning, I've experienced that the c clip being pressed too firmly down can lock up the date mechanism as easily as it is placed on too loosely can cause problems, so best make sure it's 'just so'. The calender work is temperamental, you may need to go over and check everything is 'just so' a couple of times before it co-operates, worth double checking service sheet as you go, just in case.

Edited by Ishima

10 minutes ago, Ishima said:

It's worth mentioning, I've experienced that the c clip being pressed too firmly down can lock up the date mechanism as easily as it is placed on too loosely can cause problems, so best make sure it's 'just so'. The calender work is temperamental, you may need to go over and check everything is 'just so' a couple of times before it co-operates, worth double checking service sheet as you go, just in case.

I will try with the c-clip position later, see if it worked. Someone mentioned about the day jumper spring, I think the chances are slim as it's metal riding on to plastic, so rarely it will be damaged unless accident.

4 hours ago, nickpeh said:

I read somewhere, 7s36 movt with crown at 4H usually got misalignment issue? If I were to get new day disc, I should get the one at crown 4H and not the 3H right?

No matter the crown position, the calendar works the same way, and is actually very robust. You need the identical P/N as mentioned above.

I would look at the date jumper. It should just rest in the valley between teeth on the day-wheel. Observe as you lift the day-wheel away.. If it 'springs' deeper then it needs to be adjusted away from the teeth of the day-wheel. Also check to ensure that it is flat.

HTH

Anilv

4 hours ago, anilv said:

I would look at the date jumper. It should just rest in the valley between teeth on the day-wheel. Observe as you lift the day-wheel away.. If it 'springs' deeper then it needs to be adjusted away from the teeth of the day-wheel. Also check to ensure that it is flat.

HTH

Anilv

Yes u r right, after some observation on the day jumper, trial an error on adjusting its position and tension, applied small amount of oil back on day disc gears. Finally it can jump completely to next day after the date changed. Thank all of u for the suggestion and time. 

IMG_0823.JPG

• Like 2