Hello from (not so) sunny Hastings

OCSfan

Hello everyone, just introducing myself before I start pestering with questions.

My background is clock restoration, I apprenticed with Thwaites & Reed way back when and only serviced my own (and family) watches. I'm not in the trade now but still have a workshop set up and enjoy tackling complete wrecks. Recent projects are a Longines who's keeper decided to add olive oil to smooth the winding, that was interesting to get off. I have just finished a rolex 3035 that took a spin through a washing machine and then git relegated to a drawer for a few years, now keeping time to within 3 secs per day, chuffed with that, so was the woman's husband.

Other projects on the go include trying to finish making a carriage clock with a chronometer platform escapement and remontoire. Bit of head scratching on that one, it was started by a 92 year old friend of mine who has forgotten more than I ever knew.

Thanks for having me

• Like 1

Hi & welcome to a great forum.

I live in the US (home off unregulated gun laws). My wife and I like to visit GB when we can. She is a "Weaver" & belongs to the Cornwall UK weavers guild. The only American in that fine group. Her ancestor was sent to Virginia after being convicted of pick pocketing, in the 1600"s

Edited by TimFitz
forgot a date
  • Like 1