BULOVA WORLD TIME 11 BKACB__DAY WHEEL?

Hello,

Its been a while since I've posted, so I have decided to share this problem  I am having with a bulova 11BKACB. I am not familiar with this specific caliber, but am very familiar with the cal. 11 family from Bulova. Good robust movements without too many idiosyncrasies. This watch I received with the day wheel not showing through the window, so there was already an issue with it. After cleaning and oiling, the day wheel begins to turn just after the date, but for some reason stops short of turning over and just clicks back to the previous day. I have tried opening up the day indicator detention spring (part 586) and putting a little grease on it, but its no-go. This would usually be an easy issue but the thing has given me a headache with the number of times I've had to remove the dial. The other issue is that the parts are mostly all exclusive to this particular. I'd like to replace the calendar driving wheel , the day wheel and that pesky part 506 is I could find it....any input appreciated. Watch runs strong other than that.

Regards,

J

DSCN5367.thumb.jpg.43ee715b038094f33fb31e97ba1d0794.jpg

DSCN5369.thumb.jpg.dc88396108e098a2bcfa60f4c6ecf5ee.jpg

DSCN5370.thumb.jpg.57e315f314c650d29b396a5cf8df1b55.jpg

7D9AC770-0F02-42F1-A2DA-F7E47A96D10B.thumb.jpg.b368bd968c96c59782db2d64f9d22b57.jpg

This last pic was pre cleaning!!! As you can see it looks filthy.DSCN5365.jpg

Edited by noirrac1j
typo

2 hours ago, rogart63 said:

If i remember correct there could  be some problem with a tiny little spring on the date pusher.  Think the movement Marc is thinking about is AS1906 

Yes indeed. That tiny little spring I have pushed further out so that it can provide more tension and at least keep the day within the window. I am observing it to see if it will turn over properly. Thanks for the feedback Rogart.

J

Thinking of something that happen to me. Again :) Sounds like i have had every trouble there is :) 

is it the original crystal. And tension ring? If not that could get you some trouble if it gets to much pressure on the dial. The tension ring need to have a recessed  edge. Where the dial lays in. If you take a generic it wont work. Just a thought . 

Hmmm, that's a very specific problem indeed. I don't know if it's original, but it looks it. The fit between the dial and the crystal is perfect and the crystal itself looks quite old, which indicates it may not have been replaced.

J

Edited by noirrac1j

• 2 months later...