Seagull movements

I have previously assembled a few watches for friends using ETA movements ending up with nice looking watches which work as required.

What is the opinion of the knowlegable people here of Seagull movements?

Does anyone have personal stories, horror or good, based on the usage of seagull, not just hearsay.

Am I going down the wrong route using cheaper movements?

I would be grateful for any advice from your experiences.

Thanks, Mike

I have previously assembled a few watches for friends using ETA movements ending up with nice looking watches which work as required.

What is the opinion of the knowlegable people here of Seagull movements?

Does anyone have personal stories, horror or good, based on the usage of seagull, not just hearsay.

Am I going down the wrong route using cheaper movements?

I would be grateful for any advice from your experiences.

Thanks, Mike

I have a watch with a mid priced seagull movement in (costing around £40 odd pounds I think) The finish looks very good with geneve patterning.
The positional variations are not to the standard of Eta or even the humble Seiko 7s26. But if you are regulating to an individual person as opposed to a general setting, it shouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Last year I bought two units of the thin automatic Seagull mov.t (same in size to ETA 2982), directly from them in their HK office. I brought with me a timegrapher, both pieces were spot on 0 s/d with less than 5 s/d positional variance. No need to say I was impressed, and they were pleased too. However, this mov.t is not cheap, actually the comparable Japan-made Miyota cost much less. And I know that even if they swear is not so, they do grade production, e.g. if uou get one in a cheap Chinese watch that will be of the lowest grade, no lubrication, assembled in a rush, little chances that it will perform like a Japanese or Swiss one.

• Like 2