Lew & Me

• 3 weeks later...

We moved in a new house and found this fella and another lookalike to wander around our backyard a lot. We aren't sure if they got an owner but judging from their appetite they have not.

P6030476.JPG

• Like 1

We moved in a new house and found this fella and another lookalike to wander around our backyard a lot. We aren't sure if they got an owner but judging from their appetite they have not.
P6030476.thumb.JPG.bf832803b3537987a6930240a860460e.JPG

Lovely cat. If you can grab them give them some wormer otherwise you’re feeding the worms.

Hope the relationship works out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

For the last few weeks we have been followed along the road by this little fellow. Today he joined us in the garden. He (she?) doesn’t seem like a stray, but is very friendly.

With fur like a sheep, the girls nick named her (him) ‘Herdy’

71dc4d9f4e7e7e59a6a022b114cceaab.jpg&key=66297014343f7ab01d19c07dc2a46dc9973f3592b3e7356d145acb44e5c6f87a

76236f262876b716cef0c9a20b70fe98.jpg&key=aa739647c9075533cc739ce3362f4da74f78d9bfda97623f3fa3f306842f5ee7

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Today, I am sad to report that my charismatic and loyal feline friend ‘Lightning’ passed on. She was only 12 years of age but a few weeks ago was diagnosed with a cancerous lump in her tummy. She slipped away peacefully at the vets this afternoon. She will be greatly missed, and I will always remember her.. always.
46cf556e75d72aa2857f9eb4db10d57c.jpg

• Sad 1

I’m so sorry to hear of this. I to lost my cat Cookie just over two weeks ago she was 23. I know what you are going through and it is horrible. I really feel for you, I really do. One thing that helps me is I keep talking to her as if she is still with me, I tell myself she is still here I just can’t see her.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is "Nimnim" who I found starving in the garden ! She was eating stale bread that I had thrown out for the birds. I started feeding her and it took three weeks for her to come near me. Then one day she didn't run away! She rolled over then jumped on my lap.... Now I can't get rid of her. Considering how frightened of me she was, she now bosses the house. Every morning at 06.30 she jumps up on bed and hits me on the nose with her paw until I get up and feed her, if that doesn't work she sticks her cold nose in my eye ! Oh well looks like I have Nimnim forevermore lol.

IMG_20200227_223404.jpg

• Like 1

This is 4 years young Checco,  neutered male which formally belongs to our neighbors two houses down from us, but in reality has two (or more ?) families - call it too much love for humans. He has become a star with his photos and adventures circulated almost daily among relatives and their coworkers. He's not afraid of anything, his favorite sports are lizard hunting and semi-friendly biting to myself.

20190702_171850.png

• Like 1

Some lovely cats on here:thumbsu:

My current 'furry friend' Fozzy.......

yGQv8Sy.jpg

A rescue that was found, as a small kitten, by a dog walker,  in woodland, shut in a pet carrier suitably sized for a Guinea Pig, god knows how long she had been in it!:mad:. She was taken to a local veterinary hospital, where my daughter in laws sister works, she had ulcerated sores that almost cost her her tail!

QOobRQb.jpg

After two months the tail had almost healed fully and she was well enough for us to adopt her and take her home:)

NxbuwuW.jpg

She has been with us for two years now and is very much part of the family.

Some of our previous feline companions....

'Fudge' (named by my daughter) who was with us for 16 years...

cfEs9eC.jpg

SmoL15J.jpg

'Jess' (you see the Postman Pat connection?)

X6fKWLo.jpg

And Fozzy's immediate predecessor, Missy, another rescue, shortly after she came to us in 1999, hence the shaved patch and the scar from her spaying operation........

kl0ErnH.jpg

And seen here retrieving one of my youngest son's rolled up socks!

5P2uhAO.jpg

Fozzy looks to be almost her clone :)...

• Like 1