Lew & Me

I know how much it hurts to loose an old friend like  "Crumble" , I had to have my good buddy "Fred" put down not very long ago. Everyone at the VT's office cried , he was the gentlest most loving cat I ever had. My wife comments about how I continue to put his sleeping towel down every night.

8 mar 2014 fred (Small).jpeg

• Like 1

Today I lost my wonderful cat Crumble. He would have been 20 in September. I feel so empty and sad. Here he is in better times.  God bless you. I will always love and think of you.
Crumble.JPG.5db60f886db4a6d7a677bf3483bc1e59.JPG

Handsome chap. They all leave a cat shaped hole in your life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I lost my wonderful cat Crumble. He would have been 20 in September. I feel so empty and sad. Here he is in better times.  God bless you. I will always love and think of you.
Crumble.JPG.5db60f886db4a6d7a677bf3483bc1e59.JPG

I’m sorry to hear of your loss OldHippie. You should take comfort in the fact he had a great innings and to get to 19 1/2 you must have really looked after and loved him well.

Kind regards
Deggsie

Very sorry to hear you lost Crumble today.  :o(

I had a cat, Noel, who I got on Christmas when I was ten and who I lost when I was twenty eight. It's strange how they start out younger than you and end older.  She never looked a day over 2 though.  I still think of her.  They're always good for a laugh you know.

Sad news indeed OH, my condolences.

We had a very bad year last year as we lost 6; 5 through old age and poor health, and 1 to the road.

It is always very painful but we still have 16 others to occupy our minds, along with the tortoises and the geko!!

This is Bramble. We lost him to the road last December. He was only 5 which made it even sadder. We still have his mum, sister, and two brothers (Mimi, Masie, Noah and Micky).

100_9234.thumb.JPG.0d9a8762b351b34248c52b2b2f450118.JPG

• Like 1

Thank you. What a beautiful cat and so sad to hear Bramble died. I have always had cats in my family as far back as I can remember. This morning I was looking at some photos of crumble and I started crying so I put them to one side. My home feels so empty without him.

4 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Thank you. What a beautiful cat and so sad to hear Bramble died. I have always had cats in my family as far back as I can remember. This morning I was looking at some photos of crumble and I started crying so I put them to one side. My home feels so empty without him.

We too lost a cat, Isabella Catallini,  that had been with us for 20 years. I tried to tell myself that she had a long, good life, but it seems that when a friend has been with you so long it makes it even harder when she passes. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/26/2018 at 5:26 AM, oldhippy said:

These Cat friends give so much that makes life more complete.

• Like 2

On 4/26/2018 at 5:26 AM, oldhippy said:

My cat Fred died 3 years ago, and every night I still put his favorite towel down in the place he slept.(On the bed) which I did for 10 years

2012 fred snoozing in blueberry box 19 jun (Small).jpeg

• Like 2

His name is Phil and We rescued him from a shelter in Mt. Olive North Carolina he was found in a garbage bag with all his litter mates, the rest were dead. Apparently the breeders top cat mixed with a stray and she didn't want them .

Phil was pretty sick when we got him 3 years ago but now is a great , loving , half Lilac Siamese half alley cat. He is very loud talker & every night hew howls after we go to bed until I tell him to bring his toys to bed . Then one by one he brings his carrot,his bird,his tiger, and his monkey stuffed animal and drops it on my chest. The remains quiet and sleeps the rest of the night next to me.

It would have been a terrible thing to not rescue a great cat like Phil here he is the day I brought him home, before he changed his color

our new kitten, phil (first day).JPG

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Isn’t he gorgeous. Phil is my Christian name.  

Thanks Phil

As you can see poor little Phil was very sick with a sinus infection & an eye infection, which he gave to our other two cats. So we were at the vets for a couple of weeks.

Have you ever seen a cat change it's colors that much from kitten to adult? Also he doesn't shed.

Edited by TimFitz
added more text

1 hour ago, Deggsie said:

Message from two very excited daughters “Phil is just so adorable”

Can you imaging throwing them in the garbage, because they waen't pure bred ? The person who killed the other six should be horse whipped.

Here  I am trying to watch TV

tim and three cats  28 mar 2015 (2) (Medium).jpeg

• Like 1