Omega Constellation won't open

Today I got this Omega Constellation I have never seen before, around late 70's? It has kind of octagonal shape and has a quartz movement with quicksetting. As the back is already damaged by the previous owner, I wonder how to open this one without further damaging it as I would like to know which caliber is inside. Appreciate your help guys.

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

It has a snap off case back. That means you have to pry it open. Do you have a case back knife ? You could also use a knife with a thin (but durable) blade that isn't sharp or pointy so that you won't damage the case.

Look for a small slot/space somewhere along the case back as that is where you should insert the knife. Unfortunately not all watches have that...

You can also try to use a rubber ball and rotate it around a bit to free it from potential gunk and afterwards pry it open but that won't always help.

Edited by Chopin
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chopin said:

It has a snap off case back. That means you have to pry it open. Do you have a case back knife ? You could also use a knife with a thin (but durable) blade that isn't sharp or pointy so that you won't damage the case.

Look for a small slot/space somewhere along the case back as that is where you should insert the knife. Unfortunately not all watches have that...

You can also try to use a rubber ball and rotate it around a bit to free it from potential gunk and afterwards pry it open but that won't always help.

thanks Chopin...there is no space whatsoever, I guess that explains all the scratches on the side of the caseback. I will give it a go with the squeezeeball, see if it turns a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, i'm a total newbie here. 

I have exactly the same watch, which my partner bought for me as a birthday present about 4 years ago now. 

However, unfortunately i have never worn it because it isn't complete. He thought it would be quite easy to source a dial and hands for the 1330 and this watch case. To complete it. 

But it has proven harder than we thought. Can you help in any way as to where i can get a dial for this watch, hands etc. i have tried many a dial that is the right size as the case however they are not compatible with the case. 

I would love to be able to wear this watch. I love it so much. 

Any help or advice would be gratefully received..

Many thanks in advance.

Hi, i'm a total newbie here. 
I have exactly the same watch, which my partner bought for me as a birthday present about 4 years ago now. 
However, unfortunately i have never worn it because it isn't complete. He thought it would be quite easy to source a dial and hands for the 1330 and this watch case. To complete it. 
But it has proven harder than we thought. Can you help in any way as to where i can get a dial for this watch, hands etc. i have tried many a dial that is the right size as the case however they are not compatible with the case. 
I would love to be able to wear this watch. I love it so much. 
Any help or advice would be gratefully received..
Many thanks in advance.

Welcome and good luck sourcing the parts.

You could send a message to
http://www.ofrei.com/page665.html
And ask availability.