watch repair business

Good afternoon everyone,

I have a quick question and was wondering if anyone who runs a business could help? If you do this full time for a living do you run your business out of your house? If so how did you attract customers? Also how did you attract jewelry stores so that you could take on their watch repairs? If you started out working out of your house and moved to a store front, when did you realize it was time to do so? Also if you started out part-time like I am and have moved to doing it full time, when did you know it was time to start working on watches full time.

Thanks 

Technically I don't run a business but can attest that a blog will result in inquiries from potential customers.  I work out of the house but have noticed that a proper workshop makes much more sense.  You're constantly chasing your tail to keep a movement clean and tidy if your working in a place with wall to wall carpet.  

Boy would I love to work on watches full time.  If anyone can answer that last question of when to take the leap I'd love to hear it!

I ran my own business. I had a workshop within a shop that sold antiques. It was a full time job, in fact I worked longer hours as there is so much more to do. I was already well established in the town so had no worries. Only you can decide if it’s the life you want, I can tell you I never looked back, I was married at the time and my wife and I made a good living. If you are inundated with work then that is a sign to get into it full time.