Gents and ladies, I've got in my possession two memocall Alarm wrist watches, both in need of a service, I've done some well quite about of searching and have come up with a blank, I'm after if poss some direction to finding tech drawings for stripping down and servicing.

is there any available or am I going in blind, cheers for the help.

I found these pictures from another watch forum. They might help you. There is nothing complicated with this movement its pin pallet and inexpensive. If you can take photos as you dismantle it.  Here is a link about the movement. I'm sure we can help you if you get stuck.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&Ronda_1223&

Movement.JPG

Alarm.JPG

Parts.JPG

• Like 1

Cheers gents, I have one with 17 jewels and the other with the straight old cheap jewels as shown in the photo, glad to have people with some knowledge at hand. 

The one thing I have noticed is that the alarm goes off at a different time to the set alarm time, I'm assuming this is just a hand placement problem? I'm away from home again at the moment and have the watches with me as I collected them on my, but no tools so cannot actually work in them at the moment ok .

To fix that, take the power down, remove all hands and wind the alarm, which is the bottom crown. Then you turn the upper crown clockwise until the alarm rings...That's where you place all the hands: the alarm indicator and the hour minute hands, at midnight. After that it should go off with the hour hand.

Joe

Edited by noirrac1j

10 hours ago, transporter said:

Wow cheers mate, and there I was thinking that I would find where the alarm rang and was going to re fit the hour hand inline with alarm one where the noise happened (not the best description but I know what I mean) .

You explained it well enough!  

J

Ok guys full strip etc done, ive just tried to set the alarm as per the instructions in the other post but with power let down alarm wound then top crown rotated clockwise until alarm sounds a fix all hands to midnight and I then reset the alarm and quick set the hands but the alarm going off doesn't corrosion to when the hour hand is moved to it.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?.?

Are you trying with the dial removed? Set the alarm and watch the action. I don’t think the spring is releasing the hammer when it should do, in which case you will need to bend the release spring a tiny fraction, don’t do it too much as this can cause the alarm to go off at the wrong time.

Hello Transporter,

Check the hour hand gear with the pop-up notches--this is the gear that sinks when the alarm gear corresponding cutouts align.

DSCN3034.thumb.jpg.104195731af98f1566095e8bd2df9961.jpg

DSCN3035.thumb.jpg.f8224f84d8da07b999b024c21d09dad3.jpg

If these two look OK, then look at he alarm release lever like @oldhippy suggested. Sometimes this has to be bent a little to that it releases the gear:

DSCN3037.thumb.jpg.6b33973a2c01ccf1e747e078e3cbbadf.jpg

As you can see, the lever has dimples to keep it raised up during the non-alarm phase, when it reaches the grooves, it drops down and releases the gear that engages the alarm hammer and it rings. Scrutinize these parts.

J

DSCN3036.jpg

Edited by noirrac1j
photo edits

nearly got it set, had a real good look at the alarm train , bent the lever a little but not too much as it was given to me as a non runner so unsure if alarm was functioning ok before. 

On the alarm hand wheel with the cut out outs, do the raised bits on the hour wheel underneath need to be in the cut outs during assembly or does it not matter?

I have it together at the moment just testing it, at the moment the alarm goes off 5 mins before it should, the about 10 mins before it should, ive currently got it set for 15.00hrs it's now saying 14.53hrs so im wondering if it will chime on time.

Is there a particular sequence etc that the alarm side needs to be assembled in, ie the cut outs etc etc on the arm wheel

When the alarm goes off, it only goes off the once. Then fit all the hands to 12, doing it this way you will know the hands are aligned correctly to the numbers on the dial. Re set the alarm hand to 3, wind the alarm spring up, set the hands to 3 and the alarm should go off. Repeat this until you are satisfied the alarm is correctly working. If the alarm goes off before the hour then you need to adjust the spring that stops the hammer a little more.   

• Like 1

Old hippy, many thanks again mate, I shall get on with it again this evening.

I've started to strip and clean the other one to see if can see any major differences, the one so far is the height of the spring, so that's my starting point after I've re done what's been said before for setting the alarm up correctly, I shall as always keep everyone informed as to my progress