number98

Fitting The Mainspring Winder Into The Mainspring.

Question

6 answers to this question

But sometimes the arbor does not fit the mainspring for the correct size barrel and/or the other way round so it is useful to have a set - but even my set with 17 barrels both left and right hand cranks will not fit every mainspring/barrel combination, but the more sizes you have, the more chance you will have that you will have a correct combination.

Oh.. anw for some mainspring i managed to fit into the mainspring winder. But when i wind almost gonna complete it and it suddenly pop up and broke the mainspring. Why is that so? Am i doing something wrong? Do i need to flip the mainspring and put it into the mainspring winder? And sorry for this question does flipping the mainspring will causes anything? Thanks. 

Oh.. anw for some mainspring i managed to fit into the mainspring winder. But when i wind almost gonna complete it and it suddenly pop up and broke the mainspring. Why is that so? Am i doing something wrong? Do i need to flip the mainspring and put it into the mainspring winder? And sorry for this question does flipping the mainspring will causes anything? Thanks. 

Not quite certain what happened from your description.

Not quite certain what happened from your description.

Thanks. Im not sure how to put it in a way. Anw, i will try my best and figure it out and share my success story down here. Thanks. I roughly have the idea of how to..