foreign brietling navitmer movement

Yorkie

hi, 

A friend dropped off his foreign Brietling, said had broken the stem.

appears to be a standard setup with subdials at 12:00/9:00/6:00

i have been trying to identify the movement, but i am struggling after the usual Cousins & internet search, in order to get a stem and crown etc.

I removed the dial to help with identification and in doing so broke the 12:00 hour recorder subdial spindle.

Any thoughts on swapping the movement, or general advice would be most helpful....

many thanks

IMG_1569.JPG

IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

IMG_1632.JPG

IMG_1635.JPG

16 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

A friend dropped off his foreign Brietling, said had broken the stem.

I don't get the point of using an unusual euphemism, as there is no censorship here. Call it for what it is, a fake.
An original stem may possibly work, but I don't really know.

hi JDM , i am learning and a good point on the euphemsim thanks.

guess first i try some chinese 7750 stems, then try to find a 12:00 subdial recorder wheel and replace that.

if not, then i try to replace the movement, but I checked cousinsuk movements but could not find a similar 26mm x 6.25mm movement.

hi Chopin, will check and confirm anyways.

thanks

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

guess first i try some chinese 7750 stems, then try to find a 12:00 subdial recorder wheel and replace that.

if not, then i try to replace the movement, but I checked cousinsuk movements but could not find a similar 26mm x 6.25mm movement.

I stand corrected, not an A7750, but some other sort of contraption with month / moon / 24hr.
From Cousins it's an DG3836IB, although the same money would buy a lot more Chinese quality and honesty on AliExpress.

Edited by jdm

Hello Yorkie,

Disregard the watch (or semantics) snobs and use whatever words you choose to describe the movement. Getting to your problem: Check O. frei as the have a large selection of chinese movements. I am sure Cousins UK does too.

It looks like it may be one of these:

59be7247c7bde_ScreenShot2017-09-17at8_59_22AM.thumb.png.5672d2711affc7671f93fd7e8ed8dae7.png

Just now, noirrac1j said:

Disregard the watch (or semantics) snobs and use whatever words you choose to describe the movement. Getting to your problem: Check O. frei as the have a large selection of chinese movements. I am sure Cousins UK does too.

It looks like it may be one of these:

59be7247c7bde_ScreenShot2017-09-17at8_59_22AM.thumb.png.5672d2711affc7671f93fd7e8ed8dae7.png

No snobism here, just calling calling things their name. I'm sure that is something you appreciate too.

The mov.t in question is not a small seconds one; I've indicated model and availability above.

Fake of course. The movement is based on the DG2813 which is based on the Myiota 8xxx something. 

Nice accurate movement if properly serviced and adjusted that can be found in most low-mid grade replica watches. 

Not a chronograph for sure :D

Edited by szbalogh
  • Like 1

I'm glad you've got it sorted out. I am a collector and have high-end and low-end watches, and don't own any replica watches, but I defend anyone's decision to do so. Besides, you asked for repair help, not input on whether it's  real or not!

Looking forward to your future posts.

Regards,

J

13 hours ago, noirrac1j said:

I'm glad you've got it sorted out. I am a collector and have high-end and low-end watches, and don't own any replica watches, but I defend anyone's decision to do so. Besides, you asked for repair help, not input on whether it's  real or not!

And help was given. In the end, you're still quibbling about nothing, when the OP has already extended his thanks to everybody. Time to move on, right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jdm said:

And help was given. In the end, you're still quibbling about nothing, when the OP has already extended his thanks to everybody. Time to move on, right?

Nobody is bringing this up except you @jdm. Yorkie already expressed his thanks to me , and you need to own your remark.  So what's you beef now?

J

On 9/19/2017 at 5:15 PM, noirrac1j said:

Nobody is bringing this up except you @jdm. Yorkie already expressed his thanks to me , and you need to own your remark.  So what's you beef now?

That you started calling others snobist, and continued saying that judgment was given instead of help. And here I'm owning my remark again:

From Cousins it's an DG3836IB, although the same money would buy a lot more Chinese quality and honesty on AliExpress.

Now please, would you drop it and move on.