Seiko 7s36 to replace 7s26

Spencelayh

Does anyone know which parts I would have to change if I was to use a 7s36 instead of a 7s26 and still get the day and date to line up with the crown at 4 o'clock. Day and date wheels only perhaps?
Photo's always good it helps understand the question. You shouldn't have to change anything. Just put the 7s36 in the 7s26 movement ring and a fix dial and everything should line up

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'll give that a go. I have a 7s26 that needs a new balance but they are about £20 now. I have been watching a new 7s36 which isn't much more!
Thanks
Should be ok. Remember since the introduction of the 7s series. The dial fixes to the movement ring not the movement. Providing you are using the original dial with the original movement ring, there shouldn't be any issues. The movement ring used dictates the crown position. The Seiko is probably the most versatile watch on the market today.
If you are replacing dials there is incompatibility between various versions I think ie..i don't think you can fit a 7s26-A dial into a 7s26-C movement ring.

22 hours ago, digginstony said:

The movement ring used dictates the crown position. The Seiko is probably the most versatile watch on the market today.
If you are replacing dials there is incompatibility between various versions I think ie..i don't think you can fit a 7s26-A dial into a 7s26-C movement ring.

Yes, you can because they are the same. And the mov.t ring is the same no matter the crown position, it only changes in two heights. Below a reference that I've prepared with the parts variations between versions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRN2UULQKTfKmhRStZhDdIOIQrqd6sPB-g6x2SKyQQjOvTBjG_7TQXQhAT4f1WqAX5QAPkIimi-3jqd/pubhtml

• Like 1

Yes, you can because they are the same. And the mov.t ring is the same no matter the crown position, it only changes in two heights. Below a reference that I've prepared with the parts variations between versions.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRN2UULQKTfKmhRStZhDdIOIQrqd6sPB-g6x2SKyQQjOvTBjG_7TQXQhAT4f1WqAX5QAPkIimi-3jqd/pubhtml
That's really useful info [emoji5]
I was thinking that with the crown position. There must be variants. Where the dial sits.
Some at 3 o'clock most at 3.45. I can't remember seeing additional holes in the ring to allow for this or possibly I wasn't looking ?
Regarding dials I wasn't sure.

6 minutes ago, digginstony said:

I was thinking that with the crown position. There must be variants. Where the dial sits.
Some at 3 o'clock most at 3.45. I can't remember seeing additional holes in the ring to allow for this or possibly I wasn't looking ?

The dial is case specific, but always of the same diameter. The ring is the same (except on divers) and is held in position by a small protrusion of the pendant tube. Clever, isn't? 

Edited by jdm

The dial is case specific, but always of the same diameter. The ring is the same (except on divers) and is held in position by a small protrusion of the pendant tube. Clever, isn't? 
Gotcha and yep I think the 7s series is far superior than the earlier models but I'm sure there are plenty on the forum that won't agree