Newbie pocket watch question

Stian

Hi guys,

I bought two of the same cheap pocket watches to play around with, one that's missing the case back and a few other things, and one that's ticking. I can't figure out how to open the one that's ticking. The one without a back does not seem to have threading, but I also don't see any lip out groove to get a case knife into. Suggestions?

Stian

701a4b4fa2e67ffe0c5b3c435c7cba12.jpgbd19d7a56cbff26941d14a04b0927630.jpg8d7a7c3aa966f2a99a812be082527822.jpg41c8794c5cc345cdf780af3863cce20f.jpg312abb1086ffd39a5ddccfce30078f13.jpg

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

I agree with 'oldhippy'.  :)  I have a very similar very large pocket watch (90mm - actually probably suppose to be a clock).  It's a Florn VIP and the movement looks very similar.  Anyway, you can search ePay for that and see one.   It also has a snap off cover that's a total **BLEEP** to get back on but it has no lip or anything.  If you feel like it, it would be nice to have a full on view of the movement.  :)   Thanks.

FlornVIP-Movement-IMG_0142.jpg

Thanks for the picture!  Yeah, I would argue they are almost or the same movement.  I have two of these movements.  One of them has a bad castle wheel (the wheel that engages to wind it) and the other one has some kind of a problem with the hour, minute wheels as it's like the washer holding the hour wheel in place is skipping since it like loses hours or doesn't turn at all.  But the movement runs strong.  :)   In my mind they are just 'dollar watches' (Westclox, Ingraham...) but they are usually very easy to get running... clean and oil does wonders.  :)