Ok guys im new to the channel here and i want people to photograph your timing machine readings and when you went through it what you found im not so good a reading the timing machine and going through the watch and figuring out what it is telling me so im sure im not he only one here that thinks this way and im sure we can help each other out so post some pictures and lets help each other out 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Hi guys, Started to work on the Tissot Seastar I posted below..   I received this watch at my weekend home and didn't have any tools handy so I started on cleaning up the case. (I borrowed the use of a case-back opener from a local store).   Here's how it looks in the beginning, You can see that the chapter ring is separate and has come adrift. Beginning sanding with some fine sand-paper.. I started with some used 1000 grit.. And progressed onto finer grade. Getting better.. autosol is my preferred polish..they key is to keep using fresh polish paste and move to a fresh area on your cloth. Otherwise you'll be polishing plastic with plastic. The bezel cleaned up but theres a lot of scratches...way better than before though. You can see some scratches but with the naked eye its not too bad. That'll do for now. One of the lugs had seen some damage. A little light tapping had it looking better, here the springbars and case have been cleaned and the bracelet installed. I may get around to polishing the rear, more to get the scratches off but I may remove the engraving. I'm in Malaysia and Hebrew words won't help if I decide to sell it. Hands and dial are pretty clean. Looks like the case kept all the dirt on the outside, kudos to Tissot. A light coat of dust. At first glance the movement is nice and clean, it tries to tick .. hopefully a clean and service will see it right. I'm a bit cautious with these Tissot movements as I have had a few problems with these movements (2571). For one thing the centre wheel pinion where the seconds hand goes is quite fragile. I have broken a few.. probably because the hand-puller was not absolutely at right angles... but I dont have this problems with other watches!. Also the I have broken the Inca spring on a few Tissots but never on any other brand of watch. (KIF are another story!). Perhaps its just co-incidence but as a result I remove hands and balance jewels with extra care!   coming up.. servicing the movement. Anilv  
    • Hello again, so on a movement like this, the escapement wheel teeth or pallet stone jewels (not pivots ), I would use moebius 941, and on the balance jewels, I would recommend moebius 9010. I think using the 9501 which is recommended for friction areas like the canon pinion and chronograph parts, is going to be too think and would reduce the amplitude  and also the 941 for the balance jewels.  Please let me know if this helps, best of luck. Anthony
    • I came across these vintage oilers and unsure of the markings and how to use.  There is an opening channel at the tip of the needle which I assume allows oil stored in the tube to flow.    Thanks
    • 1961 Timex Electric - Made in West Germany  
    • That is great, pls check for me....here two photos