Esser Watch Case Opener

jdrichard

Although I have not seen one of these I can see how it works. It is for screw back cases. The tabs are for the different  slot sizes in the case back and fit into the part (the bottom right of you picture).Then you turn it over and adjust the distance required then turn the whole unit to undo the case back. I guess the other part is a clamp to hold the watch case if a tight one is being undone.

PS There was one on eBay SOLD & it shows instructions.

59a7bbbe3fd4f_ScreenShot2017-08-31at08_32_53.png.1f8a3d8e02f97c631e30a36e97cbd29b.png

• Like 1

Although I have not seen one of these I can see how it works. It is for screw back cases. The tabs are for the different  slot sizes in the case back and fit into the part (the bottom right of you picture).Then you turn it over and adjust the distance required then turn the whole unit to undo the case back. I guess the other part is a clamp to hold the watch case if a tight one is being undone.
59a7bbbe3fd4f_ScreenShot2017-08-31at08_32_53.png.1f8a3d8e02f97c631e30a36e97cbd29b.png

Did not show instructions??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did not show instructions??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 1 year later...

Here is an auction with the instructions list on it.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/16079885_esser-watch-tool-made-in-switzerland#&gid=1&pid=2

and they have one on eBay for the next three days, under this title: Vintage Swiss watch case opener holder tool watchmaker ESSER movement adjustable

And a picture from the liveauctioneers site from 20130

16079885_2_x.jpg