Re - Elma Watch Parts Dryer

daz

Hi all,

Bought one of these recently so thought I would share my experiances  with it so far...

My initial thoughts on it was that it was way to expensive, but as I am servicing a lot of pocketwatches and wristwatches I thought it would be a good investment

anyway I took the plunge and placed my order and upon using for the first time I was pleased with the performance, you have 2 settings one for hot and one for cool

A WORD OF WARNING!!!

IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THE HOT AIR SETTING MAY I SUGGEST THAT YOU NEVER PUT JEWELLED MOVEMENTS ON THE DRYER ON THIS SETTING

AS IT GETS VERY HOT VERY FAST AND COULD QUITE EASILY DO SERIOUS DAMAGE TO THE JEWELLING, I ONLY USE THIS SETTING FOR PIN PALLET MOVEMENTS

AND USE THE COOL SETTING FOR JEWELLED...

The Instruction manual does say not to use with flammable chemicals so I just wipe any residues off the cleaning containers and place them on the grid and all other plates, bridges etc..

are placed on the grid and it works a treat. On the whole it is a good buy but is very expensive for what it is....

Hope that this gives an insight

Best Wishes

Darren 

post-286-0-85898200-1407627102_thumb.jpg