Timex Electric 1967 Model 84

Wesley881

Hi all,

Since I haven't found an Accutron yet, I jumped on this vintage Timex Electric. It's far from a tuning fork movement but it's satisfying me for the interim. It had a neat calendar band with 7 changeable cards for the appropriate month. Runs great and looks sharp. I thought it was kind of unique; can't make out the serial number but I think is a '67 model/style 84. Not too familiar with thier Taxonomy.4fac32fce44627ed86fda04c81d26717.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I will say you are better off with the Timex Electric.  Which BTW is not a model 84 nor from 1967.  rather it is a model 67 and from 1963 - 1965.  Here is the model 67 in a factory made exhibition back ( 2 known to exists)  I have one the other is in the Timex archives up in Waterbury.

Followed by the tech page and my collection of all the model 67's.

DSC06379.JPG

DSC06380.JPG

DSC06381.JPG

• Like 2

I will say you are better off with the Timex Electric.  Which BTW is not a model 84 nor from 1967.  rather it is a model 67 and from 1963 - 1965.  Here is the model 67 in a factory made exhibition back ( 2 known to exists)  I have one the other is in the Timex archives up in Waterbury.
Followed by the tech page and my collection of all the model 67's.

DSC06379.thumb.JPG.ea36caa3dfd1de2ad8dbbbd79cc9254f.JPG
DSC06380.thumb.JPG.7bb9176966ee59c4b4e925120e60776b.JPG
DSC06381.thumb.JPG.22f4dd2962e002a129730205642d6f8e.JPG
@JerseyMo, this is great information. I thought it might be an earlier model so I thank you for the correct model info. I have a later one as well and I would like to service them at some point. Do you have any factory documentation on servicing, if it exists?

Thanks and regards,

Chad

@JerseyMo, I found your post on the '75 Dynabeat and it's outstanding! I had no idea servicing these involved minimal disassembly. I destroyed the first electric I ever came across because I thought the whole thing should've come apart. Does this carry over to the mechanical movements on some level?

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:28 PM, Wesley881 said:

@JerseyMo, this is great information. I thought it might be an earlier model so I thank you for the correct model info. I have a later one as well and I would like to service them at some point. Do you have any factory documentation on servicing, if it exists?

Thanks and regards,

Chad

Yes, Timex began to create service manuals as far back to 1960.  I have everything up to 1977.  You will find these manuals listed often on EBay. 

• Like 1

Yes, Timex began to create service manuals as far back to 1960.  I have everything up to 1977.  You will find these manuals listed often on EBay. 
Thanks, I'll have a look. The electric is a novel design and I appreciate the overall robustness and simplicity of vintage Timex watches. They are die hards.