New to the luxury watch world

Aidan

Hi there I have been watching your videos for a few days now the reason is I was finally able after 20  

years of wanting one I bought a Rolex I went for the  milgauss I would like your thoughts on this watch and have you any 

footage on servicing one please thank you 

aidan featherstone 

I am a lover of Rolex having owned a couple so has my wife. The build quality is excellent and providing they are serviced they will last a life time. The "milgauss" is a new one for me but looks great. The movement fitted is a 3131 and looking at it it is very similar to the 3135 which I have serviced. I have not found any vids or walk throughs on how to service the 3131.

PS welcome to the forum.

I have had quite a few Rolex watches in my time Starting with a 1970's Submariner a Root beer GMT a Blue face Bi-metal Submariner but have sold them all, I will be getting another quite soon I'm plumping for a Explorer 2 42 mm as I like the larger case, they are without doubt great watches.

There are things I didnt like about Rolex the bracelets on the older watches where quite laughable I thought for a luxury watch the pressed out clasps where terrible but the newer models are now fitted with a much more solid arrangement as you will no doubt know from your new watch, The bi-metal sub I had all the gold centre links where hollow which I thought rather cheap considering the price difference between the standard steel model and the bi-metal £1,600 more at the time this has been rectified with newer models now having solid middle links but at 3x the price I paid.

I would not service one myself Rolex servicing is second to non in the industry I had my bi-metal sub serviced it was a 5 week turnaround  which is excellent for a large company, and it came back as new they really do a fantastic job of case refinishing  at Rolex  I have had problems with both Omega And Jaeger lecoultre servicing in the past and would avoid them at all costs the Jaeger took 6 months to be returned .

You have a great watch in the Milgauss