Seiko Repair Hairspring

Hope someone can put me in the right direction.

Where can I purchase the Bridge with the Balance Hairspring already assembled all in tag for the 4R36 (7S26) Movement.I still find it very stressful to assemble I have a Seiko 4R36A that needs a new hairspring which is totally messed up ?.

All in good time

London Uk

Carlo

I recommend however to learn replacing the end stud to the arm. I found it unnerving as well, and even opened a thread here without much solution, until I realized that using angled tweezers makes the job much easier. You can practice at will on the damaged hairsping.

• Like 1

Follow the instructions is the data sheet which has pictures. After placing the stud in the right position I recommend you continue pressing it in with the curved tweezers until it clicks. If you use another tool the contact is not secure and if if slips it can destroy the HS.

• 2 years later...
On 8/30/2017 at 10:25 AM, Conjurana said:

Yes will do.... thanks for your support I will be working on it this weekend.

Hello - sorry to resurrect this old thread, I have to also replace a complete balance assembly from an NH36A to the 4R36A.  How did your repair turn out?  This is the new thread I posted about my next nightmare repair. :)