Ultrasonic Cleaner Ebay Heads Up!

Well, the last of my tools and accessories I've ordered have finally all arrived today so this is next on my list.

I've seen a number of eyeglass ultrasonic cleaners that seem to be the right size and the right price maybe to start off with so we'll see.

From my limited understanding, the chemicals that are put in them are also very important consideratons. 

Thanks for the advice on this Geo.  Much appreciated!

Rossco, for cleaners I use L&R ultra fine cleaner and L&R #3 rinse and I have very good results. I'm planning to go Zenith when these bottles run out just to compare results. I like the watches to look factory new and so far L&R has done a rather good job but I want better. Careful with some solutions and heat (even the heat generated by the ultrasonic machine) since they are highly flammable.

Edited by bobm12
  • Like 1

Thanks for the heads up on the L&R cleaner and rinse Robert, much appreciated.

I was going to try just an industrial cleaner that mixes with water to start but I guess I'm going to have to pick an ultrasonic machine first and then to see if it's compatible with some of the flammable solvents and solutions.

I'd hate to dissolve my new ultrasonic cleaner! :)

I was going to try just an industrial cleaner that mixes with water to start but I guess I'm going to have to pick an ultrasonic machine first and then to see if it's compatible with some of the flammable solvents and solutions.

Rossco, here's a post that I made in this thread http://www.watchrepairtalk.com/topic/707-ultrasonic-vs-watch-cleaning-machine/

"All you need is one ultrasonic cleaner. Put water in the machine and have separate jars with your preferred solutions in them. All you have to do is place the jars into the water and the vibrations will penetrate the glass and clean the parts."

It might help you with your decision.

Geo, I saw that article about the glass containers and was very intrigued and interested in trying it but everywhere I've gone to so far, locally here at least, that advertised this "Magnasonic" model of inexpensive (cheap) ultrasonic cleaner I found, doesn't stock them and they are only available online. 

I want to see it and check it out first before buying so I'm at a stalemate until I find one in person but I'm going to try that tip as soon as I get one.  Thanks for sharing.

Hi Rossco, this is the model of cleaner that I have. I've only had one small glitch when a connection gave a problem, probably caused by the ultrasonic vibrations. All I had to do was push it back on tightly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-4G-2L-50W-Professional-Digital-Stainless-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-Bath-with-Heater-/170934262268?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Tattoos_BodyArt_SM&hash=item27cc79d9fc

There are quite a few like this with only subtle changes to the switches. I actually bought mine from China.

Thanks Geo, this one you show on e-bay looks similar to one of the 'alleged' Canadian manufacturers I've found that I bet they buy their electronics and transducers from China and put them in their own enclosures - there, Canadian made!

Oh well, I think I'm going to have to be careful in getting a good one but it seems they are all from China ultimately.

I appreciate you sharing your experiences. 

I'm curious but did you have it long before it malfunctioned?

I'm curious but did you have it long before it malfunctioned?

Three years of fairly frequent use cleaning all sorts of things. Although it had the hick up, it only took five minutes to fix and it's working perfectly.