How much?

Its just one of Ebays many chancers putting flowery descriptions to vastly over inflated prices but the old saying "If you dont ask you dont get" springs to mind somewhere someone with more money than sense will part with it and the sellers quids in and laughing all the way to the bank. He describes the watch as 80% or 8/10 that's a very bold assessment for a watch that looks dog rough "some bezel wear" :thumbsd:

Any sane person would avoid this like the plague but Ebay attracts crackpots like bees round honey so I would not be surprised to see it sell.

LOL! Well it made me do a big double take.

Bezel wear? Nothing a bit of T-Cut couldn't buff out! :huh:

I've got a couple of Marvins myself and realise they're nice watches but way down the cost hierarchy! If I had nigh on $10k to spend on a watch it wouldn't be on this Marvin which looks like it's been in a cement mixer.

The seller is open to offers though so I'm with WillFly ... maybe a $9.95 offer instead of the $9,950?!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldhippy said:

There are so many sharks on ebay. You have to be very careful. Ask the seller to open the back and photo the movement and post the pictures. I bet the answer will be I can't open it.

At $9,950 for a true piece of crap I would not care even if he opens the back of the Big Ben.

Hi Gary

The movement I need is a 580C. Occasionally keep an eye out on ebay but not much luck so far!

I don't think I have one. I will Look> just

to be sure. I'll keep an eye out as I monitor for one of the ones I need! If I find one I'll post !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you so much Gary - that would be great.

I have  a good condition dial that another posting a while back on this forum was helpfully identified as originally being mated to a Marvin 580C movement. I'm only an amateur and trying to solder on new dial feet to fit an alternative movement is just asking for trouble; I can just imagine the paint on the dial melting etc.! This is why I'm holding out for a 580C.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a few watches I would sell for $9,950.

I have a friend here in Honolulu that will call me on occasion and tell me about a deal such as this one .  He says , " did you see how much that watch is selling for ?" I always tell him that the asking price is not necessarily the selling price . You can ask for anything , and re-post it next week  at a discount.....