Concord 73 advice

WatchMaker

My hobby usually only extends to repairing and making watches but I have a nice alarm clock too that it would be an interesting project to get working. This has a Concord 73 movement in generally good condition but with a missing balance ('balance complete').

I've been able to find very little information on this movement except it relates to an A.Schild 895 or 742 and a grainy picture: http://www.gregsteer.net/Watches/W_Images/LCH_1936_p249_Schild.jpg

Can anyone provide any further information ... and crucially where a balance could be obtained?

If the balance simply isn't 'out there' then could I theoretically get a balance from a 'similar' 19''' movement ... or is that a silly/flawed technical challenge to even consider.

Many thanks in advance for any advice. It would be a shame to leave this in the back of a drawer.

Edited by WatchMaker

I do not think you will be lucky with this. The whole balance missing it will be like looking for a needle in a haystack. I do not have any reference books anymore I sold them all. You need some movement that has a balance complete that is compatible to yours to have any chance of it ever going and keeping the correct time. The only place I can think of is ebay.   

• Like 1