Ricoh 70's automatic (R31 movement) Yoke spring

Cheers mate,

Was working on this Ricoh 70's automatic (R31 movement) yesterday.  think its R31, but could not find mutch on the web And cant be able to place the yoke spring in the right posision. Someone that have been working with the similar movment. Or just know??

All help would be to great....

20170820_200510 rev.jpg

Yes pls......... thanks for help not going crazy........<_<

I have tried many times and putting in this way: Se photo, and have setting world record losing small parts on the floor....3 times it whent on the floor, thanks good I found every time....

20170820_200510 1 rev.jpg

9 hours ago, Peterburke340 said:

If you're nervous about fitting it, do it inside a clear plastic bag. At least then you can contain the spring if it pops out. I often use a plastic bag when fitting a retaining clip to a chrono pusher. They are really tiny!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot damn, that's something I've never thought of before. I'll see if I have a large enough plastic bag, haha. Would be nice if you could buy one large enough with finger holes in it or something like that...

1 hour ago, Chopin said:

Hot damn, that's something I've never thought of before. I'll see if I have a large enough plastic bag, haha. Would be nice if you could buy one large enough with finger holes in it or something like that...

Type in google "glove bag"! We use this in the lab. :D

• Like 1

Good that you fixed it Arkobugg!

On the plastic bag, you don't really need a big plastic bag.  A normal bag which fits the watch you are working on is good enough.

Using this case as an example, you would place the spring near its final location. Using your tweezers from outside the bag, manipulate the spring as neccessary thru the layer of plastic. Don't worry if the plastic tears as it is unlike that the part will shoot thru the hole.

Also I can't stress enough the importance of good quality tweezers!

Anilv

• 4 years later...