D-5 okay for Crown seal?

I am finding that I have some resistance when pushing the crown back in to wind it closed on an ETA 2824-2. I think that the seal under the crown might be a little dry and that some oil might do the trick. Will a few drops of D-5 be suitable to put on the seal or is grease better...or something else? I seem to use D-5 as my goto magic all purpose oil :-) 

Cheers

John 

Solution, I think, well seems to have resolved the issue was a little KT-22 around the thread and on the seal. 

As I suspected, D-5 didn't do much at all. 

Edited by John Hondros

11 hours ago, John Hondros said:

I am finding that I have some resistance when pushing the crown back in to wind it closed on an ETA 2824-2. I think that the seal under the crown might be a little dry and that some oil might do the trick. Will a few drops of D-5 be suitable to put on the seal or is grease better...or something else? I seem to use D-5 as my goto magic all purpose oil :-) 

Cheers

John 

A silicone grease of some sort should be used. Oil could seep & contaminate.

Thank you for the info. I did wonder whether the oil would seep and contaminate.  It makes intuitive sense that grease is what should be applied to rubber seals/o-rings. I should have trusted my gut instinct I guess 

Thanks! 

:)

Edited by John Hondros