Spare parts seiko 7005-8020

flloba

Hello everyone,

moving this topic from the welcome group.

I have repaired and old seiko 7005-8020 and now I need to replace the plexiglass and the two rubber gaskets. i have seen  announces in ebay but if some of you have some feedback on best place to get them, happy to hear.

Also if you have some hints on what products use to clean the stainless steel, it's kind of stained and i dont want to damage it using the wrong product.

some pics. Thanks all in advance.

IMG_1467.jpg

Here you can find which parts it should be. Finding them could be harder? Gasket could maybe be sourched from cousinsuk. Or from Adrian at VTA . halfoeight on ebay. The crown gasket they have at cousinsuk but don't now about the caseback gasket. crystal should be a 310T11ANSO and that i have seen on Ebay . 

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=SEK+CS%237005-8020+&submit=Search

Edited by rogart63

Hello everyone,
moving this topic from the welcome group.
I have repaired and old seiko 7005-8020 and now I need to replace the plexiglass and the two rubber gaskets. i have seen  announces in ebay but if some of you have some feedback on best place to get them, happy to hear.
Also if you have some hints on what products use to clean the stainless steel, it's kind of stained and i dont want to damage it using the wrong product.
some pics. Thanks all in advance.

IMG_1467.thumb.jpg.efa6faf847d8f3ac8e2f40b063c14678.jpg

I would have a look at Michael Bolton's vids. He's on a Seiko forum.

He's in the trade of abrasives so that side of things he knows a lot of and Is learning on restoring watch cases and bracelets. By no means an expert but you can appreciate the end results [emoji106]

Sent from my Honor 5c

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

well, it has took me some time but i have a functional watch again. I have polished the best i could, i am happy for my first watch repair.Don't know if i said that in another post, but this old watch belonged to my father so it has some sentimental value for me. Thanks guys for the hints.

IMG_1506.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flloba said:

well, it has took me some time but i have a functional watch again. I have polished the best i could, i am happy for my first watch repair.Don't know if i said that in another post, but this old watch belonged to my father so it has some sentimental value for me. Thanks guys for the hints.

IMG_1506.jpg

Looking good. Congrats on your first repair. 

On 8/31/2017 at 8:18 AM, flloba said:

IMG_1506.jpg

Aloha flloba , ...Job well done . Enjoy wearing your Dads watch .

1 hour ago, digginstony said:

You may find some of your movement parts are interchangeable with the 7S26 but I'm not sure. Guys on the forum with more experience may wish to comment. I do know the 7S rotor will fit a 7009.
Great job getting your Dad's watch up and running

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think parts may also be interchangeable with others in the 7xxx series .  7002 [?] ,  7006 , 7009 ... I am moving and have already packed my manuals of interchangeable parts . 

Maybe JDM knows .