Introduction and first questions

flloba

Hello everyone from northern france. I am just starting to get involved in watch repairing . Today I disassembled, cleaned and reassembled a seiko 7005 8020 from my father and it seems to be working... but now the doubts are coming for cleaning, changing plexi... and as i saw some of you have done repairing on this model..here i am !! ;-)

Great forum guys

see you

Fernando

Hi, thx for the first info.

I need to replace the plexiglass and the two rubber gaskets. i have seen  announces in ebay but if some of you have some feedback on best place to get them, happy to hear.

Also if you have some hints on what products use to clean the stainless steel, it's kind of rusty.

Please let me know if i should move the topic outside of this thread.

IMG_1466.jpg

Bienvenue!

If it's just stained, try a toothbrush with warm soapy water. If that doesn't work, my personal favorite cleaner is a car polish (the very fine kind). It's also really cheap.

For parts, I love ottofrei because they have a gigantic inventory. For you in France, try cousinuk, the shipping might be cheaper and they also have a lot of stuff. Their website is also easy to search (create an account, it's free).

Edited by frenchie
  • Like 1