Hmmm. What's this movement then?

SKEXIS

Hello!

The story so far: I take on a friend's watch. It was his Grandad's and obviously has a lot of sentimental value to him. The case has lost almost all of its plating, there's some dial damage and the glass is all cracked. 

The dial indicates it's a Nivada, looks like it's from the 50's to me. 

Anyway, I agree to replace the glass and look it over for him and I thought it would be nice to service it, so disassemble and put it into my faithful L&R (which is probably about the same age as the watch!)

I normally put the base plate in a separate tray  (balance cock attached) and this time is no exception. However, what I don't bank on is the fact that the lid from the mainspring barrel which was in the section next to it, travels across the separation grid, wedges itself between the balance wheel and the cock, then takes out the balance staff pivot on the plate side......aarrgh! 

Hmm. So, new balance staff required. However I can't identify the movement. Some photos are attached; does anyone recognise what it is? At least if I have an ID I can start the process of getting hold of a staff to fit! 

Thanks for your help!

Andy

IMG_4370.JPG

IMG_4371.JPG

That's great - Thankyou for your help! Turns out there were two versions of the J59 movement depending whether it had a sub dial for the seconds, so that's the front runner at the moment!

I've sourced a balance staff, so it will soon be time to dust off the roller removal and the staff removal tool.....!

Cheers! 

Andy

• Like 1