Recommending Books about Watch Repairing

PJA

Hello there. I am just starting in this hobby of watch repair and after changing some batteries and fixed hands, have bought two books: Beginner Watch Making by Tim Swike which was very helpful to me and Watch Repairing as a Hobby by D.W. Fletcher which I just can't connect too, I guess in terms of writing style and the way he refers to illustrations which are unclear at a time. My question is ther any book that you will recommend for a real beginner about quartz and manual watch repairing. Many thanks for your advice.

1 hour ago, PJA said:

Hello there. I am just starting in this hobby of watch repair and after changing some batteries and fixed hands, have bought two books: Beginner Watch Making by Tim Swike which was very helpful to me and Watch Repairing as a Hobby by D.W. Fletcher which I just can't connect too, I guess in terms of writing style and the way he refers to illustrations which are unclear at a time. My question is ther any book that you will recommend for a real beginner about quartz and manual watch repairing. Many thanks for your advice.

Welcome to this friendly forum. Any book by Donald de carle is always worth keeping in your library. For quartz repair the best book is "Repairing Quartz watches" by Henry b. Fried in fact all of his books are excellent. However practical experience is the best learning tool.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, clockboy said:

Welcome to this friendly forum. Any book by Donald de carle is always worth keeping in your library. For quartz repair the best book is "Repairing Quartz watches" by Henry b. Fried in fact all of his books are excellent. However practical experience is the best learning tool.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, PJA said:

I will order the "Practical watch repairing" Donald de Carle and "Repairing Quartz watches" by Henry b. Fried. Would you think that ordering "The Watch Repair Manuel" by Fried, in addition, will be redundant?

I have lots & lots of horological books. The list that can be purchased to be honest is endless. When more experienced George Daniels "watchmaking" is an excellent book. If thinking of repair for profit then a book by Dan Gendron
"Simplified Mechanical Watch Repair for Profit" certainly gives another take on
watch repair. I have this one on my kindle. 

• Like 1

• 5 years later...