Re - Newbie Saying "hello"

daz

Hi all,

Just joined today so I thought I would introduce myself

I have been collecting both watches and Pocketwatches for a few years now and also Buy& Sell which also helps fund my collection (this hobby can be expensive as we all know) I have a particular interest in the Smiths/Ingersoll Pocketwatch Range ( quite often frowned upon by Collectors/Horologists) I service these Pocketwatches myself and love to find and bring them back to life again. I think these watches are a wonderful piece of social history and deserve to be studied despite their simplistic design, however it am still a sucker for Swiss and Russian movements...

I hope to spend some time here and I will try and post some watches

from my collection

My best wishes to all

Darren

Hi Will

Many Thanks for the warm greeting Will, I look forward to some great conversations here and am also looking forward to posting some images from my watch collection... But first I have to spend some time with a Liga pocketwatch that's playing up..

Best wishes

Darren

Hi Darren, welcome aboard, there are a lot of good folk on here that are willing to help when required. You and Will should hit it off, you have a lot in common. Check out his website, the link is at the bottom of any of his posts.

What part of the world do you hail from?

Hi Geo

Many Thanks for the welcome..

I hail from Hull in East Yorkshire, a great place to live but completely flat so does not have the beauty of Scotland... What is your particular area of interest in watches Geo

I look forward to more conversation with you all

Best Wishes

Darren

What is your particular area of interest in watches Geo

I have a passion for vintage mechanical wristwatches, and chronographs in particular. Refurbishing classic watches is what I really like doing, this involves re- finishing the cases and servicing/repairing the movements. My watch collection is very diverse and includes pocket watches and wristwatches both mechanical and quartz.

Many Thanks for the warm welcome Lawson... Will have to start taking some more shots :))

Geo - that's similar to me but I also have an interest in Smiths/Ingersoll Pin Pallet Pocketwatches

not everyone's cup of tea I know but I think they're great..