Today's Trivia - A New Strap For The Cortébert

WillFly

We're going to be under the builders tomorrow for a few days - replacing lintels at the rear of the house and fitting a new kitchen door and window. We got our house nearly 40 years ago, and the 70s wasn't a good time for building. I think we got a Friday afternoon house...

Anyway, for the last day or two I've been shifting furniture and stuff away from windows so that they can cut bloomin' holes in the walls to shore everything up when they start - and today is a day of rest for my old bones!

The ONLY work I've done today is to get the paper this morning and change the strap on my Cortébert. I've had this nice stainless steel mesh strap for some time (meant for my abortive Longines project), so I couldn't resist  putting it on the Cortébert... How time flies when you're really ,really busy...

post-64-0-80780900-1407325942_thumb.jpg

Another fine specimen Will, I really like the Mesh straps, I have one on my 1970's Seamaster quartz and for not alot of money they really do set the watch off. I'm surprised they aren't fitted as standard by more manufacturers.

Edited by ash145

Apart from my  grandad's old Smiths presentation watch - which has a very tight, expanding, rolled-gold bracelet - and my two automatics (Seiko, Mido), this is the only metal bracelet I have. The problem with metal is that, unless you have the tools, changing the size can be a bit of a beggar compared with just slipping up or down a hole on a leather strap. Links don't seem to be quite as forgiving sometimes.

I put this one on the Cortébert and expected to have to get my pin pushers out - but it fitted OK first time!

• 3 weeks later...