My Basic Watch Repair Tools

jdrichard

My current collection of watch repair tools. All tools have a special purpose and there are only a few duplicates, where I found a more professional tool. You basically need all these tools to repair watches. Did not include and oils or cleaning solutions. Did not include my ultrasonic cleaner or and timing tools (I use both PC and Tab Software). Did not include my Drummel tool used for case polishing .59cecdb313155f4bc4c8e6faf9767512.jpg94c9959b45c27b417334b356bc38614d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

Oh, below the sleeve wrench to the right, looks like you have not one but two ! K&D balance staff removers. There getting very hard and expensive to get hold of these days. Excellent set off tools

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

One is for watches and the other is for Pocket Watches. And they were hard to get.

Nice tool set you got. Have Jacot tool but it's probably worn or something cause the pivots never run in the groove as they should. Or if it's me  that don't now how to use it properly. 

I mad a video on YouTube on how to use the Jacot tool. No way the grooves should be worn out.

A nice starter kit lol!!!
Very nice set indeed. :thumbsu:

My wife has started to notice all the tools coming in the mail over the years. She usually says "why so many?, You can't use the all at the same time". The is what she says about my guitars....don't ask how many.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I think I might give up.. I thought I only needed a bed spanner, lots of enthusiasm and a rubbish bin to put all the watch bits in!!!!

I started small years ago and every time I needed to fix something unique, another special tool was required. I still don't have a lathe or a cleaning machine. Next year.

I think jeweling tool is next for me. I already have the Jacot,  don't know why I bought that first, except that a very nice one (with a bow!) came up at a good price. 

I am still looking for a bow for my jacot, however, the badge reel works very well. The jeweling tool I have used a lot. Most old pocket watches that have a bad jewel have a cracked jewel on the third wheel, lower...don't know why, perhaps the forces there are greater. So I have pressed in a few jewels. I have also pressed in jewels on a 7750 watch and a few others.

• Like 1

Reminds me of the adage " He who has the most toys wins ". My wife usually says when another package ( my watch tools ) comes in, " Everyday is Christmas ."
Anyway, happy for you. Keep it coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife says exactly the same.