what is this tool

bertmengels

Hello,

I recently bought the old stuff from my dad's old watch maker. There were a lot of good things in the lot, like a complete dumont tweezers and burgeon screwdriver set for example. But there are a lot of tools that i have never even seen before. Can somebody help me identify this tool? Even if it actually is for watch making, he also made glasses at some point of his carreer. Thanks for the answers!

Kind regards,

Bert Mengels ( BTW  am new to the forum :d) 

IMG_0481.PNG

From the top...

Looks like attachments for a clock bushing tool (the ratchet wheel is from a clock mainspring)

JKA Feintaster is a fine measuring tool and so is the dial gauge below, but less clear how that is used

Next item looks like a pivot polisher (rollifix)

Case back wrench

Filing block for filing metal strap ends

Not sure about the next 2

Last one is a balance roller remover on the left and a mainspring hole punch om the right

I agree with Stuart apart from the pivot polisher I am not sure what it is. Can you tell us what is on the label of the motor?  How about some close up photos.

7, Looks like dentist probes.

8, Looks like a pin vice holding a reamer.

Ive never  understood how these are used on watch bracelets are they for cutting the mesh type or milanese bracelets to the correct size because any other bracelet would have removable links ? I cant find any site on the web that actually shows one in use.

The third item down is a Spherometer it is used to measure the curve on pocket watch crystals that particular one is calibrated in dioptries but they can also be calibrated in the old french measuring unit of Pouces they are used if you are grinding a new glass to match an original one. Opticians would also have used a Spherometer

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bertmengels said:

They were apparantly used to cut the real fixoflex breacelets to fit. Because they were delivered as 20mm while most older watches were 16/18mm at the lugs. 

Wow such an expensive machine for such limited use I cant see Bergeon selling many of these nowadays