ebay codes

Tee

13 hours ago, frenchie said:

Welcome Tee!

It could be a movement number maybe, or a model number. Do you have an example?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/L-ABRAHAMS-STRAND-LONDON-ENGLISH-LEVER-FUSEE-POCKET-WATCH-MOVEMENT-SPARES-TT64-/381643225643?hash=item58dbb57a2b:g:pxQAAOSwGeBXP1Dn

Edited by rogart63

It's probably just the stock codes for that particular seller if they are selling hundreds of items and have hundreds more to sell its probably just to help the seller keep track. Email them and ask I'm sure they wont bite:thumbsu:

The other numbers you may encounter will be Calibre, numbers which are the original manufacture designation code for movements to help identify and help when ordering spares but they are usually stated as such E.G Omega Calibre 620. 

And then there are Lignes which are also stated in listings this is a measurement of movement size and is usually written as 10.5 Lignes or 10.5L 

These are the only numbers I can think you would encounter and you probably already know the above.

I should also mention since you are intrested in pocket watches American pocket watches had a different system of measuring pocket watch movements these are termed as Size so can be written as Size 16 or  16S

Edited by wls1971
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, wls1971 said:

It's probably just the stock codes for that particular seller if they are selling hundreds of items and have hundreds more to sell its probably just to help the seller keep track. Email them and ask I'm sure they wont bite:thumbsu:

:thumbsu: