Yorkie

what is this a sign of please?

Question

6 answers to this question

Its a sign of water ingress or damp over a long period. The seals on the watch have failed at some point and water has found its way into the case and affected the dial it would make me think that the watch has been neglected and had a lack of servicing throughout its life are there pictures of the movement is it running ?if not walk away unless its really cheap ? if there are and the movement looks clean and is in a running state the dial can be restored but at a price this should be factored into what ever you are thinking of paying for it.

That could also be the lacquer that has been yellow. See this happen a lot to old watches such as Omega. You need to have a look at the movement before you buy. Some restores could bring back the life to that dial . But it's risky. I would stay away if the price is high. Omega Constellation are usually high priced?  

It does look like it got wet at some point... Is it all original or a re-dial? What is the movement like?

Unless it is running and the movement is clean with no rust, I'd stay away. Water related problems can quickly turn into nightmares (not to mention the price of genuine Omega parts...).

I wouldn't buy a watch in that condition, you're just buying trouble. If it was a gift or had a special association that would be different.

I had the dial on my late father's Tissot restored and it is excellent but it cost three times what I could sell the watch for. But of course I never will sell it.

Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk