Parts mart

Whilst parts sales not allowed on WRT, they are now encouraged by watch guy.  Just added this to the suppliers links page. https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/links/watch-clock-repair-suppliers/

Anyone can add their parts catalogue and make parts available for sale

• Like 5

I love this idea - but...

At the moment the site looks too much like a funnel site back to his commercial watch repair business.

On that basis, I don't want to approve it in the resources section.

If this changes it can be re-submitted and I would even get behind it as it looks like it has huge potential.

• Like 1

Sorry Mark, I hadn't seen it that way as I guessed that anyone who used the parts supply wouldn't be using the repair service. He is looking for additional sponsorship for the parts site though...

In the meantime do you need to remove it from the links page or does it just show up for me?

1 hour ago, StuartBaker104 said:

Sorry Mark, I hadn't seen it that way as I guessed that anyone who used the parts supply wouldn't be using the repair service. He is looking for additional sponsorship for the parts site though...

In the meantime do you need to remove it from the links page or does it just show up for me?

Most likely not. If i am in need of the parts i would most likely repair the watch myself. But it could still be of benefit to Christian as he could easier find the parts he need for his business? 

16 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Most likely not. If i am in need of the parts i would most likely repair the watch myself. But it could still be of benefit to Christian as he could easier find the parts he need for his business? 

I think it would easier for all of us to find the part needed. But it would work better if many people would upload their stock.

I have a problem uploading a part. it is a Ronda quartz movement but there is no such manufacturer to choose. I cant add "Ronda" as a manufacturer, get the error message "there is already Ronda balance staffs added".

Added "Ronda movement". Is that ok?

Edited by szbalogh

2 hours ago, szbalogh said:

I have a problem uploading a part. it is a Ronda quartz movement but there is no such manufacturer to choose. I cant add "Ronda" as a manufacturer, get the error message "there is already Ronda balance staffs added".

Added "Ronda movement". Is that ok?

Under my settings you can add a manufacture. I tried and it doesn't work.  Check with Christian ? 

Edited by rogart63