What about this.

oldhippy

Well where to start,

"This clock is a rare exceptional french original brass and champleve style enamel 4 glass regulator mantel clock, it has its absolutely amazing look to it all in great condition for age, the case has a superb original finish to it with only minimal age wear as can be expected"

The clock is certainly not of french origin the diamond trade mark was used by a Chinese manufacturer making both clock's and watches in Shanghai, the use of the word regulator is wrong it would depend on what definition of a regulator you would use but this clock could only be wrongly described as a regulator, its certainly not champaleve but he does say style so I will give him that.

As for it striking as it should I cant see it doing that at the moment with it set as it is.

The movement has a Brocot escapement and the quality of it could only be described as plain "Nasty"  a true horror of the horological world made from cheaply pressed out parts and finished by sweat shop workers on a dollar a day.

The description reads like a turd polishers dream but at the end of the day its still a turd.

It has however attracted a bid for twice what its worth.

• Like 1

Where would you like me to start?

1. Painted hands made from thick steel rather than thin blued steel

2. Brass screw to retain minute hand rather than washer and pin

3. What does "Trade Mark" mean on the dial? Wouldn't get that on a French clock

4. Pan head brass screws instead of machined blued screws or pins

5. Gong made from an old coat hanger

I'll let others continue...

28 minutes ago, StuartBaker104 said:
33 minutes ago, wls1971 said:

More than twice - it's got £20 postage!!

"You are more than welcome to personally collect any item free of charge"

how very kind of them to allow no charge for personally collecting, but I personally find this next statement in the description truly unbelievable,

"This is a perfect investment clock and a beautiful display piece and a stunning brass, ormolu & champleve enamel clock which i am sure you would agree. Looks absolutely fantastic wherever it is displayed":wacko:

Everything in that statement is incorrect