Anyone want a real challenge.......

Tmuir

National Time Recorder 'Portable' model.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-National-Time-Recorders-British-Made-Oak-Cased-Clocking-In-Clock-Spares-/132254441395?hash=item1ecafa9fb3:g:CF0AAOSwSzRZORiv

I dare someone to restore it. :D

The crazy thing is if it was local to me I would buy it as I want the hand crank which is sitting above the key, the keylock and key and the brass stamp wheels as I have one of these clocks but mine is missing some parts on the time recording side

• Like 2

Here is my one, waiting for the day I'm ready to work on platform escapements and tackle all the rest of the mechanism in the clock.

The last photo shows part of the scary modifications someone did a long time ago. When I purchased it, it had a 240V AC power cable passing through it with male and female Bakelite plugs attached.

The best I could work out was it was plugged into the mains and the extra screws that were put on the hour stamp wheel made contact with the brass tab above when it passed under it and let the 240VAC pass through it, the micro switch disconnected the mains when the lid was opened. This is why the hand crank is missing from mine as if anyone had touched it they would of been electrocuted so they removed it. It was a clever modification, but also an exceptionally dangerous one.

NTR1.jpg

NTR2.jpg

NTR3.jpg

NTR4.jpg