Workbench - Top plate?

maclerche

When I look at watchmaker workbenches i see that it is performed in many different shapes and designs. I would like to see and hear about your experience with watchmaking Workbenches. What to prefer in and what will you recommend. Image of your own solutions will be great. It is specifically the top plate I am thinking about!

Thank you in advance ...

bench_1_41.jpg

Edited by maclerche
add image
  • Like 1

the original watchmakers' student bench was quite small and movable.    the "old guys catalog" will have a pix. of one.  an artists' conception of one (don't remember his name),  is my favorite.  i'll post it in the gallery.  vinn

My workbench for working on watches was a light green; I used blotting paper covered with glass. The rest was covered in dust and dirt because I was a messy worker, tools everywhere, my master at that time was always complaining to clean my bench up. I never got out of the habit, even when I had my own business. I would like to add I’m the opposite in my own home; it’s very neat and tidy.