Seiko Dress Watch

I acquired this a while back on eBay. Any idea as to it's date. I've tried the Seiko watchfinder on the net but all it can tell me it was made in September 00 but can't give a decade ?

It's fitted with a Seiko 6G28 quartz movement has a snap back with o ring gasket, measures 37mm across and fitted and fitted with a flat sapphire crystal. I'm guessing year 2000 ?

050979f8c483c98a861856f856f61859.jpg

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I thought 00 would be 2000???

I can't really see it being earlier with it's specs. Seiko still produce an identical watch but it has Premier under the logo and 3atm rating. This watch has neither. They still use the 6G28 movement. I don't think it's a cheapy, fitted with a sapphire crystal.
Many thanks for your reply.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

For Seiko serial numbers..

1st digit  = year (you need to have an idea of the time it was built..eg 0 could be 1990 or 2000.

2nd digit = month . 1-9 followed by O,N,D for Oct, Nov and Dec.

Citizen uses the 1st digit in the same way but the 2nd and 3rd digit denotes the month (01,02...11,12).

sorry cant add more info. what is the full reference on the caseback?

Anilv

For Seiko serial numbers..
1st digit  = year (you need to have an idea of the time it was built..eg 0 could be 1990 or 2000.
2nd digit = month . 1-9 followed by O,N,D for Oct, Nov and Dec.
Citizen uses the 1st digit in the same way but the 2nd and 3rd digit denotes the month (01,02...11,12).
sorry cant add more info. what is the full reference on the caseback?
Anilv

Hi Anilv,
The case number is 6G28-00C0 and the serial number is 090056.
All I can get is the watch was produced in Sept and the beginning of the decade. The only similar watches I can find appear in the "Premier" range I thought it might just predate this but some research has indicated that the Premier was probably introduced in 1988. I don't believe this watch to be that old. So dead end. I'm thinking 1990, probably 2000, could be 2010.
Many thanks for your assistance.
Tony

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi Tony,

The marketing model number is SRK015P1 (or similar but changes would be only to case colour and band type). If you google this you'll still see this sold new at a number of online vendors so it should be 2010.

Another option is to join a Seiko specific forum as there are a lot of guys there who keep brochures and would probably be able to give a definite answer.

rgds

Anil

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• I've remained silent on this thread, and at the risk of upsetting everyone, the thing that worries me the most the the apparent absence of Mark. The moderators do a great job and the members also pitch in, and the site seems to run itself, but it is a concern for the future of this forum when the owner is absent for all intents and purposes. Like many of the comments above I would hate to log in one day and things be closed down as I rely on this site for ideas and knowledge and also cheer me up. maybe the Moderators could reach out to him, assuming he does not read this thread, and express our concerns and let us know the plans going forward? some kind of WRT ark
    • That was the exact reason for me starting this thread watchie. Still we haven't worked out how the regulars are going to hook up if it goes tits up. I honestly think something should be arranged to stay in contact, we all help each other so much. 
    • Yeah ive watched that a few times before,  i couldnt find my old school dividers to scribe it up 😅 Yep thats the guy i bought a roll from . Thanks Nicklesilver that answers that perfectly and more or less what i thought an experiment over time would prove . The jumper arm is quite thick along its length, i left it that way intentionally, i thought the original was probably very thin, i didnt see that it was already missing. Setting isn't particularly stiff as such just positive, i still need to take it out and polish where it mates with the stem release. 
    • Yes, "Sold out" is difficult to understand. There doesn't seem to be a lot going on. It's been nine months since any new video was published on the Watch Repair Channel. The Level 4 course on watchfix.com has been in progress for what feels like forever (several years!?). Maybe Mark's enterprises aren't doing well or perhaps already so profitable there's nothing much to motivate him for more material. Or, perhaps these days he's more into crochet. The real reason is probably something entirely different but it would be nice/interesting to know. I don't mean to sound gloomy or pessimistic, but I wouldn't be surprised to be met by an HTTP 404. Every day feels like a gift. Speaking of watchfix.com I've been postponing the "Level 5: Servicing Chronograph Watches" course for a very, very long time. Anyway, I just enrolled on it so it's going to be very interesting to see the videos. I must say, IMO there's nothing really that can compete with Mark's courses when it comes to presentation and video quality. It's simply world-class and makes me associate with some really expensive BBC productions.
    • Steel has some funny properties, or at least counterintuitive. The modulus of elasticity is effectively (not exactly, but close enough) the same for steel that is annealed and hardened. What changes is the point of plastic deformation* . If the movement of your spring doesn't pass that, it should work fine. It looks a little thick, I would thin it a bit maybe from the main body out about halfway, maybe 10-20% thinner (not in thickness, along its form). But if it works it works!   *So- if you have two bars of the same steel, one annealed, one at 600 Vickers (general hardness watch arbors might be), clamp them to a table so the same length is hanging out, and put a weight on the ends, they will bend the same amount. But if you continue to add weight, then remove it, at a point the annealed bar won't return to its original straightness. That's the point of plastic deformation. But up to that point, as springs, they are the same. However- their wear characteristics will be very very different. And getting the hardened bar past its point of plastic deformation takes a lot more effort.