Stem and crown removal victorinox

Hi everyone, 

I own a Victorinox which has a lose hand, it got deatached somehow, I think because of a small fall. 

Foyself a tool for opening the back of the case (I am really noob at this) but that is as far as I could go since I dont see any of the deataching levers shown in most of the tutorials on the internet.

I attached images of the watch so you can point me which screw/lever/pin/whatever should be moved in order to remove the crown. If it is something very critical that could damage the clock I will take it to a specialized place, but I really would like to do it myself.

Thanks, and greetings from Uruguay

IMG_20170713_100629.jpg

IMG_20170713_100622.jpg

IMG_20170713_100629.jpg

You should be able to pull the stem out to the time setting position. Then, check inside the hole indicated by the red arrow. You should be able to press gently in there with a piece of pegwood while gently pulling on the stem to remove. Technical info on this movement: https://secure.eta.ch/CSP/DefaultDesktop.aspx?tabindex=1&tabid=28

Picture1.thumb.png.0c63ff94344f8459667ab98c2899cc44.png

You should be able to pull the stem out to the time setting position. Then, check inside the hole indicated by the red arrow. You should be able to press gently in there with a piece of pegwood while gently pulling on the stem to remove. Technical info on this movement: https://secure.eta.ch/CSP/DefaultDesktop.aspx?tabindex=1&tabid=28

sstakoff, thanks a lot for your quick reply, as soon as I get home today I will try it that way. 

For placing it back what procedure should I perform? 

To install, insert the stem until you feel resistance. Then depress the tab within the same hole as before - gently. As you depress, gently push and turn the stem until it is seated. If you feel like you're using too much force, then you probably are! Be careful as you could damage the movement.

Kind of related, you may want to get a strap of the correct size, to avoid future damages. 

Also be cautious with the pale green and orange 'coils' they're very sensitive and easy to damage. 

Edited by Ishima

To install, insert the stem until you feel resistance. Then depress the tab within the same hole as before - gently. As you depress, gently push and turn the stem until it is seated. If you feel like you're using too much force, then you probably are! Be careful as you could damage the movement.

Ok, done, watch is fixed now, thanks you for the help!

Kind of related, you may want to get a strap of the correct size, to avoid future damages. 

Also be cautious with the pale green and orange 'coils' they're very sensitive and easy to damage. 

Actually I was not wearing the watch when it fall, and I wasn't using it because I couldn't find a strap here in my country... As a country that has more cows than people it sounds pretty weird, but I saw no leather straps anywhere, just chinese fake leather ones...

The new strap is arriving from the US in a couple of days. And I was very careful with the coils not to even touch them. Thanks for the advice

• Like 1

• 4 months later...