Hi

I'm fooling with an old bulova and broke off a leg on the kif flector spring.

Anyone have a source for these ? Apparently they are made in three different sizes,  I have not determined which size I need but that's almost irrelevant due to not finding any for sale.

Maybe they are no longer available any thoughts ?

Hi

I'm fooling with an old bulova and broke off a leg on the kif flector spring.

Anyone have a source for these ? Apparently they are made in three different sizes,  I have not determined which size I need but that's almost irrelevant due to not finding any for sale.

Maybe they are no longer available any thoughts ?

You should take a look at the reference 2 . But which size i don't remember? 2-2 or 2-3 or 2-4. 

kifchartnew1.thumb.jpg.9e0fe38f41f8b33bedf033e61ba984c9.jpg

Rogart

Yes reference 2 is what I have. The question would be where can I buy them.

I don't care about the size I'll just buy all three then figure it out.

Thanks, Tom

You can buy them at cousinsuk. But they cost £10 for each package? 5 in each.  So they aren't cheap? Only think they have the 2-2 and 2-3 sizes . 

Maybe ofrei.com  is better for you? 

Here you have the sizes. Think you can order from boley.de also. 

https://www.boley.de/en/shop/5386.shock-protection-springs?acceptCookie=1

Edited by rogart63

• 4 years later...

Greetings, gents. I hope everyone's well and starting the new year on a high note.

I'm working on a small vintage Bulova (7 BUC) that utilizes the Kif Flector style shock protection. I haven't worked with them before and am wondering if i need to locate a special tool or whether I can fudge it with pegwood, screwdriver, old oiler, or? I see lots of Kif Trior tools but none for the Flector configuration.

Any help on working on those before I mess them up and/or lose them? Many thanks. Cheers.

MrR

I only see Kif tools for the Trior type springs. Nothing for the Flector configuration. Does anyone make such a tool that can be purchased today? I'm trying to avoid losing the springs. It's a very small movement at 7.75 lignes (AS version).

If I could see an image of the end of the tool it would help me if I need to make one. Thanks ahead of time. Cheers.

Edited by MrRoundel
Add image comment

On 2/1/2022 at 2:40 PM, Delgetti said:

Did this only on one watch so far and didnt use a special tool. Turned it anti-clockwise with a very fine tweezer end about 45 deg, then just fold it up like a inca. Didnt take it out.

Thanks, Delgetti. Before I read your post, a friend offered to lend me the special Kif tools that he had in his "kit". I made a minor error by not looking at the setup under higher magnification and before reading your post. The special tool really didn't seem to do a lot of good aside from denting the spring up a bit. On the second one I checked under my microscope and saw that these springs, as different as they look, aren't that difficult to deal with. Once I saw that the hinge side has its movement limited to the inside of the larger cutout in the rim of the setting, and the other side was the clip-in side, I used the tool to basically make sure that the spring didn't ping. I then used an old oiler to spin the spring around to the recess and remove. Yes, it's very much like the Inca in how it hinges, etc. Many thanks. Cheers.

• 9 months later...