Seiko 5717 8990 Chapter Ring

Hi all, I am new to this forum and looking forward to learning from all the experts here. I recently purchased a Seiko 5717 8990 and sadly, its missing the chapter ring. Wanted to check if anyone would have this part for sale or know anyone who might sell this? You can email me [email protected]

Thanks much! 

Seiko 5717.jpg

Sure it's a 5717 because i can't find any reference with that number? 

Found it? That aint going to be easy :) 

Would a chapter ring from some other model work. 

Can't even find the seiko number. 

Edited by rogart63

Likely a special edition Seiko for the (Nissan) Skyline along the lines of the pic below.

It's going to be tricky to find a chapter ring with the five-increments-per-second that was likely in the watch originally. Either you might have to sacrifice originality and go for a more ubiquitous per-second chapter ring or, as rogart says, look out for a chapter ring from another watch and just check with the seller the dimensions to check it will fit your case.

SeikoSkyline.jpg

Edited by WatchMaker

And just a bit of lateral thinking ...

You could look out for a cheapish quartz watch of the same dimensions on a site like ebay and cannibalise it for a part. There are probably hundreds of candidates out there and a scour for something of the right dimensions and style could solve your problem.

Took me 20 seconds to find ... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/L-A-Time-Mens-Watch-/192191686460?hash=item2cbf84673c:g:lJMAAOSw8lpZHwYz ... which I know is not an exact match but you get the idea. I'll let you do the grunt work of searching if this idea is a flyer...! :)

I think it would be better to use a Seiko chapter ring. Check if a 7S26 or a 6309 chapter ring would work. Then you can search the AM for a suitable look. Dagaz An yobokies and a few other do replacement rings for this watches. 

Take a measure and i can check with my parts. 

http://www.dagazwatch.com/apps/webstore/products/category/19820?page=1

Edited by rogart63

• 2 weeks later...