Just sharing my latest projects

Hello all just wanted to share my latest project watches.

The first is a vintage Arnex skeleton movement in a pilot watch case with a white skeleton dial. Waiting to get some chocolate brown ostrich leg straps to finish it.

97cfd337d09b41b8ba4af54acde47f7e.jpg

For my second project watch I wanted to make a custom pocket watch. This project was the most time consuming as of yet. The movement needed a new balance staff and whoever poised this one before I left quite a lot of issues. I think I spent about 14 hours getting it poised. I thought I would never finish it but one day it was finally perfect. Anyway, here it is a 992b pocket watch movement in a keystone base metal case and fancy number dial:

719ec949aa0c07aadbff657226c44429.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

That’s a good way to spend your time and getting such good results. How are they for time keeping?

Both keep good time the wristwatch is +6 seconds a day which was about the best I could do with the regulator on the 6497 movement and keep the average in all positions pretty low. The pocket watch holds railroad time really well. And I somehow got the pocket watch to have a 0.0ms beat error which I was really happy about.

The only thing I need to really figure out with both is how to increase amplitude. I put new mainsprings in both and lubricated them. All pivots are perfect in all wheels and balance. Jewels are flawlessly clean and intact under 15x magnification and appropriately lubricated. I am thinking the pivots on the balance staff just need to be polished. But I am not sure. I have never done this before so it makes me a bit nervous to do. I have a Jacot tool but no burnishers. Any advice or information you could offer on improving amplitude would be highly appreciated. Currently the 6497 sits at 210 and the pocket watch at 150 assuming the lift angle is 36 for the 992b.

Thanks In advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk