Changed my mind.

OK I previously said on a thread that if a watch was running +or- 15 I wouldn't bother regulating. I recently acquired a Seiko skx009 which has now become my favourite watch and hardly leaved my wrist. But it was running -15 to 20 seconds slow and I found it very irritating. Amplitude was around 240 and beat error 0.7. Face down. I've regulated it. Beat error 0.2 and amplitude has shot up to + 270.

This is without any winding. Adjustments made straight off the wrist. I'm interested to know when making adjustments face down or up do you guys set the watch to run slightly fast or 0 the movement.

Have posted pictures so the thread not too boring [emoji5] 6d69b398fee07472fa65c9b6b27af9d8.jpg455496fcac96dbcec18d8f9d94113785.jpgf1b2030354d049027da8124d6ed680b0.jpg0585c62db7e3e4412bd5c06d826cc294.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

When I regulate my own watches, I do dial up and crown down, and try and get it so that the watch will run a tad fast.

I've taken your advice and set the watch on the fast side as it was still losing around ten seconds in a 24 hour period. Many thanks 1715c2eab203a867ae73087afde797a6.jpg

Hi Guys,
Well the watch is running very accurate now. Today we hear great emphasis on watches that are hacking and hand winding but I think this a dubious advantage dependant on positional error of a particular movement and there's no substitute to regulating to a specific individual and that persons lifestyle.
I can't see a general formula of regulation being necessarily advantageous unless the positional error is very small.
You lucky owners of watches like Rolex etc, would be very interested to know how they perform on your timegrapher and in practical usage.